bASS isms

I am in the trade. I could get a license if I wanted to. use 14 gauge wire with a Russound autoformer volumn control. [anything bigger than 16 won't fit but he recommends 14 so he can make more $] feel free to add any bASS isms you know of to this thread.:)

Reply to
sockozy
Loading thread data ...

Twilight Zone: Bass suffers serious health scare. Bass escapes the grim reaper just to spite critics on ASA (and perhaps an ex wife) Bass continues to prosper. (for same reason as above) Cue music. Bass and Olson become political clones.

Next seasons stories? Olson coverts goofysplace to a site to petition the Pope to make Bass world's only living saint. The Pope agrees even though Bass is not even Catholic. Bass performs exorcism on Jim. Jim is then appointed Democratic National Chairman.

Reply to
Roland Moore

I sell more in a day than most here sell in a month. Wiring 110VAC smoke alarms to your security system makes it an illegal fire alarm system. "Attention Burglar! Go Ahead Make My Day!"

Reply to
Frank Olson

good ones. how about the poor diyer he told to rewire his entire house instead of using a dsl filter on his security system. guess they didn't have broadband internet back in the old days when RLB was 'in the trade'

Reply to
sockozy

1. what are u smoking now?
  2. how do u know he's prospering?
  3. no bASSisms in that reply
  4. there is no 4
  5. no 5 either:)
Reply to
sockozy

Yep. I've been an alarm sealer for over 30 years. For 24 of those years I ran a small central station alarm company. I now run an online alarm dealership, catering to DIYers.

Since I have no interest in installing any more, why bother?

Before posting such drivel you might want to actually learn something about Russound volume controls. The following is directly from the Russound ALTx-2 Installation Manual:

"Type of Speaker Cable -- For most applications, 16 gauge, stranded copper speaker cable is recommended for the ALTx-2 speaker connections. For wiring runs longer than 100 feet, 14 gauge wire is recommended. Using speaker cable larger than 12 gauge for ALTx-2 volume controls is not recommended as the cable may not fit into the connectors."

You can find the above quote on page 6 and the following on page 9 of Russound document 28-0052 Rev. 1 11/30/06:

"Quick connect terminals: 4-pole screw down accepts up to 12 gauge cable"

I usually recommend 14-gauge since most of my clients' homes have runs in excess of 100 feet.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Most here are installers so that one's easy. :^)

That's a misquote. What I said is it is against code (and, where code is law, illegal) to connect unlisted components to a fire alarm control panel.

Care to cite that one? You can't of course, since you made it up.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yep.

From my perspective it beats the alternative.

So far so good.

Samba, forro or MPB?

Naah. We just agree on one issue.

It wouldn't be the first time a Christian of Jewish descent got canonized.

That will take a team of at least 250 priests.

Hillary will use him as an attack dog if the Republicans get out of line.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Bass twist virtual broomstick in sockozy's *ss just to watch him squeal! ;)

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Sure it is, Bass... You've been "repeating" that line since I first posted into the Group. It was a lie then, and it's a lie now.

Quote the "chapter and verse", Bass. I'll be sure to pass on this "gem" to all the local AHJ's who insist that a "fire alarm control" monitor the position of dampers, the status of air handling units and exhaust fans. Show me where the switches that accomplish this are "listed for the purpose". Oh... and show me where an AC smoke alarm *can't* be monitored by a fire alarm system (which would entail a "connection" to the panel). As is usual, you "generalize" when responding to anything involving a perceived mistake. And (as usual) you resort to "argument by proxy" because (of all the detractors you've had over the years), I'm the ONLY ONE that's seen you for what you are and won't resort to posting anything I can't back up with cold hard fact.

I'd like to see that one too... You can add it to the other bit of advice you posted that instructed the technician to "Remove the 110V audibles and wire the pulls to a conventional FACP with 24VDC horn strobes and backup batteries". (Xref: pd7hu0no alt.security.alarms:30246667)

Reply to
Frank Olson

"Alarm sealer"?? "Over 30 years"... More "Bassisms"... and straight from the BAss' keyboard, too...

Prove it. Oh... I forgot... You "started" your central station alarm company in 1979... Wasn't that the same year you were convicted of assault in Florida and sentenced to ten years probation (of which you served five)??? How many "clients" did you have when you "started"???

And sport fishermen.

Because you can't??

Uh-huh... sure they do. What are they wiring?? A barn??

Reply to
Frank Olson

what a lying putz. Ok numbuts, here u go-

-grabbitt replies:

- the alarm companies have a dsl filter thingy that plugs between your

-RJ31X

- jack and alarm system [that is the jack that the alarm system plugs

-into]

- that will keep that from happening.

bASS wrongly states- Wrong advice. The gentleman is trying to make sure his DSL doesn't go down during Napco's transmission. The plug-in DSL filter will not work for him.

grabbitt:

- You can also purchase these online.

bASS again wrongly states- I sell them online but this gentleman doesn't need one. He's better off using the split filter arrangement.

Reply to
sockozy

since Graham got your monitoring business SHUT DOWN because u r *not* licensed that would be one reason. but u can't get a license, so I am right again.:)

Reply to
sockozy

I have a few 100ft+ runs in my house Frank. I also have some even longer out to my shop from the house. Also, while turning a stranded wire into a solid wire is not generally reccomended on those applications where 14ga is needed for VC operation I like to carefully twist and tin the tips of the wire so it goes very nicely into the connectors on the VC. I don't usually do a lot of residential audio anymore (I refer it to an audio guy I know), but I have done quite a lot of it in the past, and we always ran 14 ga to the VC from the amp, bridge, or controller except in very small homes.

I'm disagreeing with either of you guys, just pointing out that the generalization arguement goes both ways.

-- Bob La Londe The guy who decides who we do business with.

The Security Consultant PO Box 5720 Yuma, Az 85366

(928) 782-9765 ofc (928) 782-7873 fax

Contractors License Numbers ROC103040 & ROC103047

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Meant to say NOT disagreeing with.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Only the second hand stuff

He didn't paddle a canoe to Rio.

No direct ones anyway.

Correct!

See number 4.

Reply to
Just Looking

if u believe that do u believe he programmed a napco keypad to say "Attention Burglar! Go Ahead Make My Day!" as he stated? or that he was taking digital pictures of installations before digital cameras were available as he also stated?

Reply to
sockozy

caught again, how does he spin that lie?

Reply to
sockozy

Where is the part about telling him to rewire his whole house?

Yep. That is what I recommended. I don't sell them but it's what he needed so that's what I told him to get.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Care to prove that lie?

You have yet to be right about anything.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.