Wireless system recommendation

Looking for a wireless system suggestion for the DIY. A little background first, I no expert but I've installed and programmed (for CS) a few FBI systems, so if I could do another FBI-XL1 to XL2T I would be good to go. That said I'd prefer to install another FBI but the location would be too difficult to for an all hard-wired system so that is why I was looking for suggestions.. obviously looking for something could do both wireless & hardwire so that I wire as much as possible. I've only been to the location once and that was for something else so from what I remember they would only need 4 zones (5 max) and fire, may even do the entire system with 3 zones wireless. So that would be door contacts and 1 or 2 wireless motions and maybe throw in a widow or two. I would also like to hard wire the smokes too.

Any suggestions on a wireless panel would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
Another Joe
Loading thread data ...

Honeywell now has the OMNI line which is there wired/wireless panel they have a 4/8 and 6 /24 panel package which uses the 5800 ademco woreless devices excellent panels eazy to program

Reply to
nick markowitz

Forgot to mention OMNI is part of FBI Line that does wireless other FBI panels do not unless you use a 3rd party reciver like inovonics or linear.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Honeywell Vista 10P with 6150RF keypad...piece o'cake to program. You'll need an old 6139 keypad or 6160 to program. Or you could do the 10p with a

6160 and 5881L receiver.
Reply to
Crash Gordon

The Napco P801 will handle 8 wireless alarm points no problem, and has a dedicated 2 wire fire zone that works well with their own line of Firewold detectors or the ESL 2 wire smokes.

Any Gem Wireless device will work with it (as far as I Know) just add the RECVXP8 receiver. Their wireless smokes have given me no problems either. Just change the transmitter batteries regularly.

In addition to the 8 wireless burg points it will also handle upto 4 wireless smokes and 4 keyfobs.

Its pretty easy to program if you fill out the work sheet in advance. Its a little funny to program the wireless addresses, but its not to bad.

P.S. Is this Joe P. ?

-- Sincerly, The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from.

The Security Consultant Bob La Londe - Owner

(928) 782-9765 ofc (928) 782-7873 fax

Licensed Contractor ROC103044 & ROC103047

Reply to
Bob La Londe

yep, that's me,, I guess the FBI reference was a dead give away..... hate to do it but it looks like we are about to join the wireless generation...easy for you, but how easy for me with my programming experience *limited* to the XL-2's, think I could do it? when you say wireless addresses, that would be like a MAC address... BTW- still riding?

Reply to
Another Joe

I think they are way easier to program than an XL-2(X) series panel. My first one took me maybe 20 minutes. Now I fill the work sheet out and program one in about a minute and a half.

Basically each transmitter has a hex address. Its printed on the transmitter. That's the only semi difficult part of programming one from the keypad and as always I'ld be glad to call the panel when you get the phone connected and check it for you.

Yep, I still ride, but not as much as I used to. My latest machine is a Kawasaki 1600 Mean Streak. I may buy another new Harley sometime, but not this year. Actually I fish bass tournaments more than ride these days, so it didn't make sense to buy another poser machine. Just something to putt around on.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Not doing too much riding here myself until the road salt is gone, we had a few 1-2 inch snows and now the roads are all whited out from the salt, if they keep that up they will need to plow the salt soon...anyway I was asked again so now I doing the research and site check (soon) to see how much they need to cover, I'm thinking 3 doors, two wireless PIR's, smokes and maybe a window or two. thanks for your help & everyone else who replied. Bob, you sell the P801 correct?

Reply to
Another Joe

messagenews:45c13020$0$1885$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com...

Sure. I dropped the DIY line, but I'm always glad to help out a long time client like yourself.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Thank you Bob, I appreciate that

Reply to
Another Joe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.