CCTV Question.

Is anyone aware of a CCTV system that detects motion, and Zooms in on the source of the motion to get a clear picture of the person/vehicle etc...

Reply to
Russell Brill
Loading thread data ...

Without human assistance of any kind...

Reply to
Russell Brill

Russell,

Yes, Bosch/Burle has such a system. I saw it demo'd a couple of years ago. It seemed to work fine if just one moving object was detected. However if there were two or more it kinda went nuts trying to watch what to lock in on. As I remember it was rather pricey at the time and now.....................$$$$$$$

Give them a call I am sure they will have something better now.

Good Luck,

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

This is really cool!!!

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

that is cool...the website is annoying....but the product looks neato.

| >

| | | This is really cool!!!

formatting link

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I've played with an Omniscape in Burtek's showroom... not too shabby at all. Recording a 360-degree fisheye of the whole area at 3.1MP allows you to zoom any given area of recorded OR live video.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Head on, apply directly to the forehead, Head on, apply directly to the forehead. I couldn't resist, sorry.

Reply to
Sue

I have setupo up some PTZ applications taking advantage of the idle time programming and the trigger input programming to use extrernal triggers to get a similar affect. It may not work for your application, but the Pelco PTZs take trigger inputs and they can be associated with specific presets. IN a warehouse I simpley set presets for zoom views on key doorways, and then put contacts on those doors trigger that preset. If the camera sits idle for X minutes it automatically goes back on its preprogrammed patrol pattern.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but it is an alternative for some applications. Motion, PE beams, and other sensors could be used in some applications to achieve better use of an expensive camera. I only mention this as often the actual problem is not clearly defined or the customer wants a magic do-all instead of addressing specific issues.

Sincerly, The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from, AND who we work for. Bob La Londe

The Security Consultant Bob La Londe - Owner P.O. Box 5720 Yuma, Az 85366

(928) 782-9765 ofc (928) 782-7873 fax

Licensed Contractor ROC103044 & ROC103047

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I have setup up some PTZ applications taking advantage of the idle time programming and the trigger input programming to use extrernal triggers to get a similar affect. It may not work for your application, but the Pelco PTZs take trigger inputs and they can be associated with specific presets. In a warehouse I simpley set presets for zoom views on key doorways, and then put contacts on those doors to trigger that preset. If the camera sits idle for X minutes it automatically goes back on its preprogrammed patrol pattern.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but it is an alternative for some applications. Motion, PE beams, and other sensors could be used in some applications to achieve better use of an expensive camera. I only mention this as often the actual problem is not clearly defined or the customer wants a magic do-all instead of addressing specific issues.

Sincerly, The guy who makes the final decision on who we buy from, AND who we work for. Bob La Londe

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Omniscape sort of eliminates all the "fuss". You program your trigger through software. On a large job with possible multiple trigger inputs, your PTZ solution wouldn't work so well unless you had multiple cameras set up. Omniscape allows you to record specfic events based on a "zone trigger" in real time, and then gives you the tools to zoom/focus on any area in the room during either playback or while you're still recording the full 360 degree scene. It's an awesome system albeit a bit on the "pricey" side for the moment. I imagine that will come down as they "repay" their R & D. These guys were clearly thinking "outside of the box". :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I have setupo up some PTZ applications taking advantage of the idle time programming and the trigger input programming to use extrernal triggers to get a similar affect. It may not work for your application, but the Pelco PTZs take trigger inputs and they can be associated with specific presets. IN a warehouse I simpley set presets for zoom views on key doorways, and then put contacts on those doors trigger that preset. If the camera sits idle for X minutes it automatically goes back on its preprogrammed patrol pattern.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
Bob La Londe

My point was that sometimes if the problem or scope of the job is properly defined you can limit the amount of money you throw at the job.

And with a big facility you are going to need multiple cameras anyway. There aren't many that can see around corners or through walls. Atleast none my clients can afford. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

formatting link
I have installed many generation 3 auto tracker PTZ domes. Generation 4 has just come out and is even better with Auto Track II. It does exactly what you say you want it to. Unfortunately it has a healthy price tag. If you need a great Aoto Track camera this is one to look at.

Reply to
Just Looking

the new generation of IP camera from Panasonic do that...

the last generation were able to follow some movement,but not zoom in or out...I saw a beta last week,pretty neat..

the trouble is that it will switch to whatever is the biggest moving thing in its vision....

"Russell Brill" a écrit dans le message de news: cIs4i.13487$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Reply to
Petem

I appreciate all of the responses, the Bosch solution looks like the best...

Reply to
Russell Brill

That gets my vote too.

Reply to
Just Looking

In my house, that would be me. :-)

Reply to
Sue

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.