dum... dum... dum...

dum dum dum da-dum. Another one bites the dust.

I keep pushing cellular backup, and people keep not listening.

I think I'm gonna start a policy that its not optional on commercial sites.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Many dealers here are going GSM only for both residential & commerical. They are tired of the phone company price wars.

Jim Rojas

Bob La L> dum dum dum da-dum. Another one bites the dust.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Did someone chop some phone lines or just run over a pedestal somewhere?

Reply to
Just Looking

These is always plan "B"

Reply to
Just Looking

I'm trying to figure out why nobody can make a trouble-free GSM cell unit, today there was a recall on the new NX-592EGSM's

In fact everyone has had some kind of recall except for Uplink and Alarm.com

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Some are definitely listening. We've been selling at least one GSM cellular dialer every day lately without even trying. I probably ought to put them directly on my home page. Telular's models are immensely popular but we also get orders for Honeywell.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Trouble is you can't download 'em. js

Reply to
alarman

I make 'em sign off if they don't want the cell backup. js

Reply to
alarman

I'm using Telguard. No-go so far. js

Reply to
alarman

Yes you can, at least with AlarmNet and Vista panels, Alarm.com also allows changing of many common panel features

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yeah, me too. There is a yes / no box on my installation contracts for cellular. Still, I get frustrated sometimes. Atleast this one said, "Yeah Bob. I know you been pushing cell backups for years." The last one threw a hissy until I showed him the contract where it was offered.

-- Bob La Londe The guy who decides who we do business with.

The Security Consultant PO Box 5720 Yuma, Az 85366

(928) 782-9765 ofc (928) 782-7873 fax

Contractors License Numbers ROC103044 & ROC103047

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Well, I have to say the Uplink AnyNet installs easy enough. I've been using the TG-4 for most of my installations, but for cheap backup the AnyNet sure is a good deal right now. I may just buy a bunch of them and put them on the shelf.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Eastern has TG-1's and TG-4's on sale now.

Reply to
alarman

Hmmm.... can you e-mail me some numbers so I'll know if its worth going back and kissing some butt or not?

alarm (underscore) wizard (at) hotmail (dot) com

Reply to
Bob La Londe

True and I imagine it will stay that way for a long long time with them

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Roland Moore

What about rural areas where cell coverage is spotty?

Reply to
">G< ©

The use of these initial boxes can be dangerous, unless you can be sure that every customer who doesn't want radio initials the box every single time. It can be messy if you install a system without backup, the customer has a phone line cut, and then you discover he never initialed the "I don't want radio" box. This lets him say that he really did want radio, and thought he was getting it: "If I didn't want radio, I would have initialed that box, just like your contract says."

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

This is a very good point you make. So far no one has missed it. I think the problem comes more into play for us when purchasing accounts. Those may still have a different agreement in place until you get the customer to okay a new one.

Reply to
Roland Moore

You can avoid such problems by taking the time to check each contract before you sign it, just as you insist that end users do.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.