Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment??

As a matter of fact I chose those quotes because they WERE in context and didn't choose others that would have taken a long explaination to qualify.

Yeah, we know ...... we know ....... already!

There is no reason why term contracts NEED to be solely for the benefit of the end user. In my case, I hold the price of monitoring for the term. But that's just to entice them to sign the agreement. The equity of the contracts is what the value of my company is based on and what my quality of retirement is resting on. You're correct is saying that there is little in it for the end user, but not using them is giving away a little piece of your company, with every sale. It's certainly alright for you to do that, but why would you want to disparage eveyone else who doesn't choose to give up their equity, as you are?

If you went to the bank and asked for a loan based on the value of your accounts ...... what would it be worth? Nothing. Mine have an intrinsic value that yours don't. That's important and grows every more important, the larger the company grows. You and I will never grow that big but it is the basis that larger companies use to guage the value of their worth and the basis that banks and investors use to guage when financing is sought. Your company could grow to 10 thousand accounts and be worth but a fraction of a similar sized company with term contracts and thus when you eventually needed financing to make that next big jump, you wouldn't have it.

Do you really believe that a company who's using long term contracts is going to go month to month simply because an end user want's him too? If a client doesn't want to sign a minimum 1 year contract with me, he looking for another alarm company tomorrow. The reason why? Because I know that he's going to find every alarm company out there requiring the same thing. No contract, find sombody else. Since everyone prices their installs based on the recurring revenue stream, anyone the end user finds who WILL give him a no term agreement is obviously not doing well to begin with. In other words, in this market it would be an act of desperation, in order to get the job. In more cases than not, anyone who sells a job and loses money is not doing well for some reason. Bad sales skills, bad installations, ...... what ever ..... and will not survive long enough to be competition. I hope they sell a lot of jobs pretty fast.

How much more objectively could I look at it? If I get a lot of long term contracts, I'll get a lot of money when I retire. That's pretty damn objective looking to me?

Are you referring to what you do when you refer to people who use long term contracts as "scaming, conning, etc, etc? Or to me when I object to it?

That's always been acceptable to me. You do things your way, I'll do things my way. I never set out to actually "change your mind" ..... just to let you taste what it's like when you insult people.

So, now .......... does that mean: You wont insult the people in this newsgroup and installers everywhere by telling end users that all companies who use long term contracts are villans?

And in return, ........ I won't have anything to object to ..... ?

Well hey now, I'm a pretty good shot but Canada is pretty far away. .........

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Whatever ! Have it your way ! But the thread is due a timely death. That's all I intend to say about it, although I'm sorely tempted to comment on what you say below.

But enough already...!!! RIP

RHC

...........snip for brevity.....................

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.