Customers NEVER Actually Own Their Own Equipment !

ADT Security Victoria B.C.

When I first had my ADT system installed the sales rep clearly stated to me that when i complete my three year contract I could choose not to renew and I would own the equipment. After three years of hell with ADT (system never worked, they had wrong contact numbers, pet sensitive motion sensor was not pet sensitive..and on and on i could go) we fullfilled our end and definatly wanted to not renew.

We were then informed that ADT will be sending a teck out to remove the system because they still owned it. I would not let then into my house, so ADT called into my system and erased the programming. In so doing this they also disabled the smoke detector which was part of the system. They did this without notifing us....so if a fire started ...I guess ADT would not care if we died in it.

As for the system never working correctly, their excuse was that the sales person we had, had been let go because he was selling system setups that would not work properly(our system was suppose to be partitioned to supply a suite in our house as well as our upper residence),Well i happened to go to a home show today and guess who was working their table? you got it the sales person who we had been told was "fired". We got a security system to keep the crooks out and it turns out ADT were the biggist crooks of them all.

P.S. if i never owned the equipment, when I add up the installation recipts they must charge their install tecks out at over $125 an hour.Also in my city the police have stopped responding to home alarm systems due to too many false alarms. This happened with 8 months left in our contract.

ADT answer to this was to try and charge us an additional $25 a month on top of the $32 i was allready paying to have a private security company respond if there was an alarm. I refused to pay the additional fee since that was what the original $32 contract was for. So for the last 8 months of the contract I had to pay ADT for what amounts to no sevice.

Jody R

Reply to
Sonicduck
Loading thread data ...

Hey!!! I know Jody R. and she was never an ADT customer!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hmmm, who else talked about customers not owning equipment?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Didn't you already do this one....

S> ADT Security Victoria B.C.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.