DIY Alarm System Recommendation

your bad!!!.

Reply to
Petem
Loading thread data ...

Depends on how hardcore you are. If you REALLY like to learn new things and like a lot of flexibility, go for the gold and get a Bosch system. Read the August 30 thread in here titled "Radionics D7212 logging" starting with to get a good feel for their capabilities.

Logan

binder wrote in news:644074fe-bbb0-4404-b6bc- snipped-for-privacy@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Logan

a

Don't you think the Bosch 7000/9000 series would be a little complex for a DIY guy? I know those systems inside and out and it's really not something you can do in a weekend. Requires a D5200 handheld programmer (+$500) or the RPS software ($1500) updated to the latest handler or version.

My advice to Binder is to go with Bass' recommendations, they deal w/ the DIY market all day.

My personal preference is the GE Concord for ease of programming, the install manual is very well written. I see a nice direction for the DSC product for home automation and integration. I played with the wireless deadbolt at the CEDIA show in Sept, very impressive, solid hardware. Warning: DSC has some tricky programming, the installation manuals are terrible and seem to be translated to english by a french engineer, I usually have to reference my factory training notes when I have to work on one. I hear nice things about Napco and they have been around forever, but never worked on them. The AT&T advice so far is very true. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of Admeco to.

What level of automation are you thinking of integrating to? Is it something you will be installing or hiring out? Much weighs in the balance.

A few lights or in wall touchscreens with a dedicated automation rack?

Reply to
karljacoboski

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.