Difference between digital phone and VOIP

Yes it does.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

I was working with V1

It had another problem too, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Maybe they fixed that too.

Sure, and they do a quater the things a Napco panel will do. Dumb is as dumb does. You sure must have a lot of idiot customers. I don't know of anyone in my area that still does keypad programing on any sizeable panel.

What are you ..... contrary Mary?

I said it's a 9 volt unit and can't be powered from the control panel.

You said it's 9 volts to 16.5 and can be indirectly powered through a daisy chain setup.

How is that different than what I said? Anything can be indrectly powered from anything else if you add some sort of conversion of energy device.

Is it a 12vcd unit? No. Can it be powered from the control panel? No. Can it use the control panel standby battery? No.

Only if you have a converter an inverter a daisy chain, a 16.5 volt source a hand generator, and a piece of silk and a glass rod and a penny in some lemon juice. Jeeeeeeeze!

Reply to
Jim

Since I never played with V1 I don't know what problems they had either

The transformer goes to the panel then the GSM radio daisy chained, I agree with you tho that it didn't make sense to not make it powered by the aux bus considering it uses less power than the old unit that could be powered by the panel however one thing I've seen a lot of with cell units of all brands is people tend to overload the panel, for that reason alone I'd rather it have it's own power supply like TelGuard

BTW Was StarLink what you were talking about?

Yes to the second part

It doesn't need one, it has it's own

Uh yea I guess, who's being the contrary Mary?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

No it doesn't, I know they list a lot of panels on the site but at the moment it only supports Ademco 15P/20P and DSC Power series.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Well then, maybe you otta call them up and ask them. I posed as an end user and asked about it's capabilities and told them I had a Napco

9600. They said it would work with their device. So maybe it's their " V2" etc. I didn't ask about their V1
Reply to
Jim

No. Star Link is their Radio.

How can it be powered from the contrl panel. It can't unless it has some diddly wink converter attached to it.

If it could be powered from the control panel, it wouldn't need it's own.

Reply to
Jim

They only have 1 version and it doesn't support Napco yet, but hey now would be a great time for you to test it wouldn't it?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I only know what the guy told me. The 9600 was compatable, according to him.

Not likely I'd test it. A lot to do with the fact that central stations that aren't in my area don't give me what I want. Clients like the fact that their central is local. I like the fact that I can meet the operators, drop off gifts during the holidays, buy an occasional lunch and knowing that the manager knows that I can come down there in no time to find out what the f*ck is going on! There's no such thing as a disinterested operator or unresponding manager at any of my centrals. Ive met and had lunch with all of them.

It wouldn't be the same with someone I've never met, who's 1000 miles away, who knows that I"M a 1000 miles away.

Reply to
Jim

I got a "Little Buttie" buttset last year from a guy in your area, does that count?

What does that have to do with uControl?

True, you'd have to be really pissed to drive a thousand miles to chew out a manager

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yeh ..... I'd imagine you did.

Only if he sent you flowers the next day.

I wouldn't have them monitor my accounts with their device.

Yep.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.