C a l l F o r P a p e r s2nd International Workshop on Critical Information Infrastructures Security (CRITIS'07) October 3-5, 2007 Benalmadena-Costa, Malaga, Spain
CRITIS'07, co-sponsored by IFIP WG 11.10 on Critical Infrastructures Protection, IEEE Computer Society Task Force on Information Assurance, and Joint Research Center Ispra of the European Commission, wants to bring together researchers and professionals from universities, private companies and Public Administrations interested or involved in all security-related heterogeneous aspects of Critical Information Infrastructures.
The program of the event will include invited talks by the following distinguished speakers:
- Jacques Bus, European Commission, INFSO Unit "Security"
- Adrian Gheorghe, Old Dominion University, US
- Paulo Ver=EDssimo, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal.
Additionally, the program will include the following panel: "Resilient Critical Information Infrastructures: a myth or a realistictarget?" chaired by Jacques Bus.
We invite research papers, work-in-progress reports, R&D projects results,surveying works and industrial experiences describing significant security advances in the following (non-exclusive) areas of Critical Information Infrastructures for which we plan to have sessions:
- Code of Practice and Metrics
- Communication Risk & Assurance
- Early Warning Systems
- Economics on CIP
- R&D Agenda
- SCADA and Embedded Security
- National and Cross Border Issues
- Information Sharing and Exchange
- Policy Options Elaboration
- Threats and Attacks Modeling
Furthermore, the following topics are within the scope of CRITIS'07:
- Continuity of Services and Resiliency
- Dependable Infrastructure Communications
- Internet-based remote control
- Forensic Techniques
- Incident Response
- Network Survivability
- Trust Models in Critical Scenarios
- Security Logistics
- Instructions for paper submission
All submissions will be subjected to a thorough blind review by at least three reviewers. Papers should be up to 12 pages in English, including bibliography and well-marked appendices. As in the case of CRITIS'06, post-proceedings will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. Pre-proceedings will appear at the time of the conference. To submit a paper, follow the specific instructions on the Workshop website
The submitted paper (in PDF or PostScript format), which should follow the template indicated by Springer , must start with a title, a short abstract, and a list of keywords. However, it should be anonymous without author(s), affiliations, acknowledgements, nor obvious references.
- Important dates
Submission of papers: July 2nd, 2007 Notification to authors: July 30th, 2007 Camera-ready copies: August 24th, 2007
- Program Committee Co-Chairs Bernhard H=E4mmerli, HTA Luzern, Switzerland Javier Lopez, University of Malaga, Spain
- General Co-Chair Sokratis Katsikas, University of the Aegean, Greece Saifur Rahman, Advanced Research Institute, Virginia Tech, US
- Sponsorship Co-Chairs Marcelo Masera, IPSC, Italy Stephen D. Wolthusen, Royal Holloway, UK
- Program Committee Fabrizio Baiardi, Universit=E0 de Pisa, Italy Stefan Brem, Federal Office for Civil Protection, Switzerland Jim Clarke, Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland Jorge Cuellar, Siemens, Germany Weidong Cui, Microsoft Research, US Yvo Desmedt, University College London, UK Ed Dawson, QUT, Australia Myriam Dunn, ETH Zurich, Switzerland Paul Friessem, Fraunhofer, Germany Urs Gattiker, CyTRAP Labs, Switzerland Adrian Gheorghe, Old Dominion University, US Eric Goetz, Dartmouth College, US Solange Ghernaouti-H=E9lie, Univ. de Lausanne, Switzerland Janusz Gorski, Gdansk University of Technology, Poland Rune Gustavsson, Blekinge Inst. of Technology, Sweden John Griffin, IBM T.J. Watson, US Stefanos Gritzalis, University of the Aegean, Greece Ming-Yuh Huang, Boeing, US H=E5kan Kvarnstr=F6m, TeliaSonera, Sweden Diego Lopez, RedIRIS, Spain Eric Luiijf, TNO, Netherlands Tom McCutcheon, NISCC, UK Yuko Murayama, Iwate Prefectural University, Japan Simin Nadjm-Tehrani, Link=F6ping University, Sweden Syed Naqvi, CETIC, Belgium Eiji Okamoto, Univ. of Tsukuba, Japan Andrew Powell, CPNI, UK Kai Rannenberg, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany Dirk Reinermann, BSI, Germany Michel Riguidel, ENST, France Roberto Setola, Univ. Campus Bio-Medico di Roma, Italy Sujeet Shenoi, University of Tulsa, US Robin Sommer, LBNL/ICSI, US Paulo Ver=EDssimo, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal Yuliang Zheng, University of North Carolina, US Jianying Zhou, I2R, Singapore
- Information about past CRITIS'06