CCTV connection to VCR

Ok, I'm new to CCTV equipment, but recently I was given a Panasonic WV-BL600 cctv camera and a National electronics M1200 CCTV B/W monitor...and a Sharp VC-H942 VCR...(can get pics if needed)

I got the camera and cctv monitor functioning together...but having trouble trying to setup the vcr to record its video sessions.

if you need pics email me: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

I know (from reading posts here) that you go from camera "out" to vcr "in", then from vcr out to tv in, then make sure channels are selected on both monitors and tv. The vcr works to tv,when viewing movies, but other then that it does not. What am I doing wrong here? HELP

The cctv monitor has bnc connections (2) one in and one out. the TV has two sets of AV connections and so does VCR (one in front and one in rear.)

I use a bnc male to RCA female adapter from going from cctv out to vcr in please help..as i need this for my store security.

Reply to
kompukit
Loading thread data ...

I can't find anything online about that VCR other than assorted listings for IR remote codes. Is this a standard home-style VCR, or an actual time-lapse unit?

Since you can playback tapes to the monitor, it sounds like you have the VCR->Monitor connection right... so the issue is getting the camera signal into the VCR. Have you tried both inputs (front and rear)? Is there a switch or on-screen menu to select which input you're using?

Reply to
Matt Ion

Some VCR's don't pass video till they are in record mode when using BNC inputs

Reply to
Pogo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.