default GE Simon installer code

can you panel hackers reset the Simon installer code? I have a commercial customer that purchased a house with one of these. I told him to contact original company to get code but if that fails I would like to know what my options are. TIA

Reply to
Chub
Loading thread data ...

Yeah its like some HUGE secret that the alarm co's want to bone you up the hoop for a piddly service call. This should work for a Simon 2 but may work for a v1 and v3

Reset Memory to the Factory Defaults If it becomes necessary to set all programming back to the factory defaults, do the following:

1. Open the Control Panel cover.
  2. Unplug the transformer and the battery.
  3. Simultaneously press Cancel, Clock Set, and Minutes.
  4. Restore power to the panel with either the battery or the transformer while pressing these three buttons.
  5. Plug in the transformer or connect the battery. NOTE: If Phone Lock is on, options 04, 05, 06, 08, 09,
12, and 13 will not reset to their defaults.

Chub:

Reply to
Turb0

You'll then need another piddy service call to reprogram your now defaulted panel

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Bingo!

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.