Ademco FBII Security Panel Circuit Problem

I have an XL-2T FBII Security system. Over the past year, I have replace the control panel three times. Each time it was due to the CR34 circuit burning out. If someone knows of a known problem or possible cause I would appreciate the information.

Terry

Reply to
Terry
Loading thread data ...

you answered your own question "ADEMCO".. RTS

Reply to
Rocky T Squirrel

What is the CR34 circuit?

3 new boards???...makes me think something else is causing the blow out.
Reply to
Crash Gordon

I have about 50 XL2t out there and never had a problem with them.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

I only have a handful, but if the panel was really really replaced 3x with new board, I'd suspect something else as the cause for the failures.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Check power supply make sure your not pulling to much thru it or that a field deice is not malfunctioning and pulling too much. check in comming AC power check to make sure transformer is not putting too much power in some areas were i normally put a 16 vac transformer i have to put a 12vac becuase the power runs higher.

you should not have to be replacing panels

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

do a current check on the output durring an alarm event.. the 2T has a rather low output current limit.. RTS

Reply to
Rocky T Squirrel

Thanks for the information.

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.