Spartan SP-600F

My father has an old Spartan SP-600F. The neighbors have complained that when he was on vacation the alarm sounded for 20 minutes before the siren went off. I checked the "Bell Shut Off Time" in progrom location 88 and it is set to "3" which should translate to 6 minutes. We tried a number of different settings but the minimum time we got the siren down to was 14 minutes (We used a VOM to test the siren, we didn't disturb the neighbors).

Any one have any ideas? Should we just spring for a new box?

Thanks.

Reply to
sentry70
Loading thread data ...

Since it is a now obsolete panel last i saw one was 12 years ago its new panel time. by the time you finnish screwing around you could by a new system but if you want a down and dirty fix buy an altronix timer and put it in the sbell output loop.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

and....neighbors lie. Once had a neighbor of a client of ours call complaining about the siren blasting for 24 hours...(home owners out of town)---I got online with the panel and the alarm had not even gone off..it was someone else's house.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.