DSC installer code cracker

Hi Everyone, We had a local alarm company go out of business and I have been getting lots of calls to take over these systems. I know about defaulting the panels and replacing the board but I have heard rumors about keypads that will crack the codes and or software. Does anyone know where I could get such a keypad? Thanks, Chip

snipped-for-privacy@guarddogsecurity.net

Reply to
chip
Loading thread data ...

There's no such "animal".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Is this post just a bunch of bull then?

About four years ago our company bought a DSC installer code breaker at the ISC show in Anaheim, California. It is called a SEMCO 10-8 Programer It is a simple looking device that attaches to the keypad wiring of the

control It has a red & green led, the red led flashes as it is decoding and the

green led lights steady when the process is finished. To activate you apply power and press into keypad *8 20 for 1500-1550

panels *8 18 for 2500, *8 24 for 2550 and 3000 panels It works by trying all possible combination one at a time, and when it cracks the code it changes it to 0123 It is not practical to use it in the field, because it can take up to 3

hours to decode one unit, depending on how high the installer code was for that panel. Our problem is there is no address or phone numbers on the instruction sheet, we can't find the manufacture A note at the bottom says contact your SEMCO distributor for any known version changes.

Reply to
chip

That device sounds pretty "hoaky" to me. I have been defaulting locked DSC boards for years and I can't visualize that device as anything really useful. There are a variety of different ways to default a locked board, and they vary considerably from panel to panel and chip to chip. And they certainly vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some can be done right at the keypad; others take expensive equipment. Don't waste your money. There are three places to get this done.

For the USA, contact Jim Rojas of this newsgroup For Eastern Canada, contact yours truly

formatting link
For Western Canada, contact
formatting link

And don't expect anyone to give you the installer code in the panel. It's not their's to give out...

I know I said I was going to leave this group for good, but perhaps not. Maybe it is still useful to stay to counter some of the self serving industry bullshit that seems to permeate this group from time to time.....

But no more "Mr. Niceguy".....

R.H.Campbell Ottawa, > Hi Everyone,

Reply to
tourman

Attta Boy!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Sorry to burst your bubble Frank but there is such an animal,but for the classic series panel,its taking an average of about 36 hour for the device to open the panel..

it need to be connected to the panel as a keypad,then it start trying all the possible installer code...so it could be shorter then 36 hour..but its rare..

Reply to
Petem

That unit won't work with the newer DSC stuff. Bob Campbell posted the links to the three individuals in this group that unlock boards (of all manufacturers). The OP has two choices... Contact a local DSC Dealer that will replace the existing system board with a new one or contact one of the individuals listed. Either way, he's going to be spending some money.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Glad you're back, Bob.

Reply to
Frank Olson

le

That will work. Where do I get it?

Reply to
chip

It'll be interesting to see if this applies to DMW Bass .... as well.

Reply to
Jim

DMW????

Reply to
G. Morgan

It won't work when either of two conditions exist - if the panel is in alarm or the installer has enabled "keypad lockout after X attempts"

RHC

chip wrote:

ns le

Reply to
tourman

"Dead Man Walking". Sheesh "G"... Here I thought you were the "brainy end" of the the costume. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
George Siegle

I remember that one, it did indeed exist although for the older DSC systems

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Try and contact the owner of the business that closed or one of his ex employees. You can find out who they are from your local suppliers. They would probably gladly give you their code as a service for their customers.

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Great.. One guy is answering posts from March, and Allan is stuck on August! Come on Guys!! It's mid-October. :-)

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.