Engineer code for Initial alarm Manchester area

A friend has moved into a new house with an Accenta 8 alarm system which was originally installed by Protec, who were taken over by Initial then Chubb. It looks like the battery is flat as when he had to switch the electric off, the alarm went off. I believe to change the battery he'll need the engineer code, which Chubb won't let him have and want to charge a silly amount to come and change it. On the panel is written "Initial eng code".

Anyone know what the engineer code Initial used is please?

TIA, Jason

Reply to
zorro
Loading thread data ...

better luck here than on uk.d-i-y ;>) jason/andy/whatever your name is .....

Reply to
Jim K

Yonks ago I had an alarm system that exhibited the problem you describe. When the power went off the alarm rang. I called a local small alarm company. The engineer did not use any code at all as he changed the battery as the alarm rang. It only took him about two minutes.

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Wolstenholme

Thanks Steve. He was looking into doing a factory reset which would also set the alarm off, but simply changing the battery sounds easier and quicker. He thought the engineer code might be needed to reset things after a 'tamper' type fault like opening the cover without entering engineering programming, but if it does he can always do a factory reset then.

Reply to
zorro

Hi You have more chance of getting blood from a stone than getting an engineers code from ADT but fear not ADE accenta panels are easy to reset and you should just be able to change the battery enter the user code to silence the tamper then reset the panel when done. Or you can factory reset the panel and reprogram . Manuals are available on line just google Accenta. HTH CJ

Reply to
cj

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.