GE SIMON XT / ADEMCO LYNXX

Hi Guys,

Guy in Australia here.

I'm looking at installing a DIY wireless alarm system from

formatting link
i'm hoping i can gain some insight and opinions.

I'm deciding between the Simon XT and the Ademco Lynxx. It's for a 2 bedroom apartment. I will need 2 PIRS and 5 Door/ window sensors maybe a smoke detector down the track. I also like the ability of wireless keypads so the main unit can be hidden away. I need to know a little about the systems

- have you had experience using/installing these?

- what system would be easier for an end user to program?

- Reliabillity of the systems?

I'm going to use Admeco Contact ID for monitoring.

Also, homesecurity store. Every used them? Opinions?

Reply to
Aaron Robinson
Loading thread data ...

Hi Guys,

Guy in Australia here.

I'm looking at installing a DIY wireless alarm system from

formatting link
i'm hoping i can gain some insight and opinions.

I'm deciding between the Simon XT and the Ademco Lynxx. It's for a 2 bedroom apartment. I will need 2 PIRS and 5 Door/ window sensors maybe a smoke detector down the track. I also like the ability of wireless keypads so the main unit can be hidden away. I need to know a little about the systems

- have you had experience using/installing these?

- what system would be easier for an end user to program?

- Reliabillity of the systems?

I'm going to use Admeco Contact ID for monitoring.

Also, homesecurity store. Every used them? Opinions?

Reply to
Aaron Robinson

Why would you buy a Lynx if you're gonna hide it? Buy a Honeywell Vista-15p with a 6160RF keypad. The only wire to run will be the keypad, AC power, telephone line, and siren. You could do that with a "one wall wonder" (as we called them at P-1). Control panel inside of closet, keypad right behind it on the same wall, same with siren, and power if you're lucky. Phone line might be the most challenging, but even then.... so what?

The installers here don't buy from homesecuritystore.com, that's retail pricing.

Reply to
G. Morgan

The problem is its a rental property. thats why i'm going wireless.

I'm going to hide the main unit, so it cant be ripped from the wall and rendered useless.

I understand some people might be installers, but i am an end use. Hence having to purcahse from an online retail website.

Reply to
Aaron Robinson

You can go wireless with a Vista-15P, if you hide a Lynx or Simon how do you plan on operating the thing? Keyfob only? Yech

Do this, 2GIG GoControl with Alarm.com that has Smash and Grab option available.

Reply to
mleuck

and the wireless keypad is an expensive piece of junk...just use a wired keypad on a Vista 15P...but for that matter you don't have all that many zones use a 10P with a 6150RF keypad

Reply to
webmaster

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.