Does anyone know a good home cctv system?

After coming back from holiday and finding a stone put through my window, I thought it was time I invested in an outside camera.

I was just after some advice about what is the best system on the market. I'd only be after one camera (maybe two) and, preferably, a digital video recorder (DVR) to store all the images on.

Any ideas? I live in the UK, so advice on any models available here would be appreciated.

Reply to
Moo
Loading thread data ...

CCTV is like anything else, You get what you pay for. If you are after a cheap door security system then try B&Q, but if you want to cover a larger area with poor lighting at night, these camera's are next to useless. Do your homework and try to get the highest resolution possible with Day/Night capability. If there is no lighting at all in the area you need to watch you may want to look at Infrared lighting. There are so many options on the market today, you need to work out the best components available for your budget.

Paul Ekins

Linc Secure

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Hi, I live in Leeds and run my own cctv and alarm company. I use Sanyo dome cameras and Sanyo out door cameras. I install a full system with 250gb hard drive in the dvr for £850.00, this is a 4 camera system.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Kind Regards,

Michael Savage, Modern Security Systems, Leeds, W. Yorkshire.

01132 601629 07984073882
Reply to
Sandy Savage

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.