Can a Napco system & DSL connection co-exist?

DMP does...been doing it for years never used a filter and they test every day on time.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

I've got lots of DMP out there on DSL lines, been testing for years right on time....no filter.

| >

| Crash, I'd suggest that you don't assume that to be true. | | Actually it's a case of sometimes it'll work. Sometimes it'll even work | a number of times. But sometimes it wont. Don't take the chance. | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cool. I've seen other panels work with DSL too, but sometimes they don't. Haven't used any DMP though. js

Reply to
alarman

SO, by not addressing the multiple lies below, you acknowledge that you are a liar, and a fraud eh? Interesting that you would post outright lies, then hide from responding....but I guess that's what cowards do.

Robert L Bass wrote:

This is a possibility.

Oh really? Hmm....perhaps you should have investigated my posting history to the group....

formatting link
He has made mincemeat of Magnus

Oh really? Hmm....perhaps you should have investigated my posting history to the group....

formatting link
Because I agreed with Arny about something

This is total horse-pucky just like everything so far. What did you agree about? Please point us to the post.

, this idiot has a bur under his saddle for me.

Wait, I thought I was "dumber than a box of rocks" but and idiot also? Wow, interesting coming from someone whos entire post has been debunked as another one of your fantasies.

EXAMPLES:

Robert L Bass wrote: "The Napco panels aren't that difficult to understand once you get started. I've installed hundreds of them and I've sold thousands more to DIYers."

"I've sold thousands of legal, factory shrink-wrapped copies of alarm software from Ademco, Napco and many others direct to end users over the years."

"I also sold thousands of the FG-1025 when it was still their top model."

"Yuasa is indeed a good make -- very reliable. I've sold thousands of them."

"I prefer Intellisense FG series acoustic glass breaks. I've installed several hundred of them and sold thousands to DIY'rs over the years.

"I've sold thousands of Visonic's K980D pet resistant motion detectors."

"I've used System Sensor smokes, mainly the 2112T and 2100T, and many of their annunciator for years. We have sold thousands of these units."

"You're right about the DG-75. It's extremely reliable. It's also one of the least expensive dual techs around. I've sold hundreds of them and they never seem to cause problems.

"I've installed numerous Napco C200AP detectors without any problems. I've also sold hundreds of them to DIY clients."

"As to credentials, I've been installing legitimate security and fire alarm systems for 22 years."

And if your inflated stories of "thousands sold" were not bad enough, check out these gems.

POSTED IN 2003: "I've been in this trade for 26 years."

POSTED IN 1997: "I personally have over 17 years experience in the trade."

Okay, whatever, but why would you short-change yourself in 1997?? Rich AND modest. Wow.

And my favorite Gem of all time.

ROBERT L BASS : STARRING IN : 'Mayday-Mayday'

"On my first cross country ride I asked my CFI if my son could come along for the ride. He said that would be fine. I asked the instructor not to pull any emergency practice because I didn't want to scare my son. It was agreed and we made an uneventful ride to a small airport in NY state. We had lunch there and then headed for home. On the return leg there were some low hanging scattered clouds -- nothing big or nasty, just a few wisps hanging down. I said I thought I should go lower and the CFI agreed.

I pushed the yoke forward a bit, eased up on the throttle to maintain airspeed and began a descent. Neither the CFI nor I noticed that the tach had drifted just below the green arc... uh-oh.

Within less than a minute the engine coughed a few times and quit. I thought at first that the CFI had done something and I was really annoyed with him for it. I went through the engine restart routine as he had taught me... nothing?!?

Meanwhile, my son thought the CFI and I were playing a joke so he said nothing.

I pushed forward a little to get us into best glide, set for full throttle and carb heat... nothing???? I was still thinking the CFI had pulled something when I turned and asked, "What now?" He said, "I don't know." I asked, "Is this a test?" "No, this is real." [yikes]

Up to now my son still thought we were playing a joke. I had already begun a slow turn toward a golf course we had just passed before the engine failure.

I asked if he wanted to take over. He said, "Not yet but have you forgotten something?"

I said, "Oh, yeah," tuned to 121.5 and keyed the button on the yoke. "Mayday, Mayday, Mayday... [etc] ...I have three souls on board.""

==== Sure....we believe you. You should write a book about that experience and have Oprah push it. (Although, you DO resemble Dr. Phil)

Please do, and let me know what post in particular, in a audio newsgroup, you are speaking of.

formatting link

sort of like Fowler only

What is it with you and this "Fowler"? Seems like you two have a lot to talk about with each other.

Reply to
Karl Magnus

Sounds like one more reason to like DMP, Crash. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the possibility that the CS may someday switch receivers to one that can't handle the DSL noise on the line. If that were to happen you might have problems. If you're keeping track of these things or (better) if you own the CS, there's no problem.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I've had them in several different recievers and different locations/buildings/cities over many different lines including 800 lines - still no problem. No, don't own my cs anymore...too much hassle.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It has nothing to do with the receiver

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Watch the video

formatting link

Reply to
Group-Moderator

Look like you cant read or I am in your kill file,but your still in the shit big fat

this setup is for unprofessional people that cant understand the real mean of security..now go get a life and learn..

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
petem

As long as it's working for you that's all that matters. I assume you do daily testing so if there ever were a problem you'd hear about it pretty quickly.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

yep...use them on ademco stuff.

| >

| Watch the video |

formatting link
| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

all my accounts test daily, except some commercial I test every 12 hrs.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That works. I programmed all commercial accounts for open & close reporting. The affect was the same, except I could also notify them if someone forgot to arm. Since I owned the central station and almost all my accounts were local it cost no more to do supervised O/C than to do basic monitoring and it was a nice selling point.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

yah, i log o/c's on all commercial, but only charge extra if they want supervised o/c's or monthly reports. The slight increase cost of logged o/cs vs me not sleeping at night if there was a b/i on a commercial site and I didn't have documentation that the cleaning crew didn't arm, or opened at

2am for 20 minutes...just enough time to steal the copy machine.
Reply to
Crash Gordon

If you take a moment to read the OP's post, the connection diagram he supplied is the correct way to terminate an alarm system/dsl modem. The alarm will be able to communicate status and alarm messages without interfering with the Internet connection. Mr. Bass is correct in this instance. The OP doesn't need to purchase the extra filter.

Regards,

Frank

Reply to
FIRETEK

Sir:

You are incorrect. If you look at the diagram supplied by the OP, the alarm panel is ahead of every other phone in the house. The DSL modem is the only device in the home that is wired directly from the Prot (other than the alarm). The only caution I would provide the OP is to ensure that he doesn't wire additional phones to the DSL side of the connection (which he can do if he uses the "quick connect kit" filters most telco providers send you when you order DSL on a self install).

Regards,

Frank

Reply to
FIRETEK

If it's the Excelsus It doesn't disconnect DSL

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Frank be careful,if the line is split in any ways before the alarm panel,there is a possibility that if this splice get shorted or whatever the alarm panel wont be able to call the central station...

the only correct way to connect a line to an alarm panel is using a rj31x at the demark point and then feeding from there the rest of the house..

lets say that the theft that just came in got to the computer of the house first,before the entry delay end,and rip the DSL modem from the desk and doing so short the phone line,what will happen? what will you say to your assurance company?

"FIRETEK" a écrit dans le message de news: DwKUf.1669$B_1.1407@edtnps89...

Reply to
petem

so then why take the chance just use the Excelsus filter and you have no worries mate. Many alarm panels need this filter to comm anyway, and you don't have to rewire the house. Seems like a no brainer.

Reply to
grabbitt

Same here. I did it that way for years. Even if they didn't pay extra for supervised O/C, I'd sometimes check and spot one that wasn't armed when it should have been. I'd usually call the owner at home and ask if he wanted me to arm the system for him. Customers loved that since it would save them a trip to the store at night.

Sometimes people ask what the difference is between a small, independent central station and a large national provider. Things like that are a couple of the reasons local monitoring can sometimes be better. I say "sometimes" because clearly most companies, small or large, just don't do that sort of thing for their customers.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.