Problems with Radio Shack's 49-1000 Wirelss Security System

Has anyone had trouble with the entry delay NOT working on the Radio Shack 49-1000 Wireless Security System? I have the entry and exit delays set for 45 seconds, but if I arm the system using the Away button on the console, the alarm sounds immediately with no delay when I re-enter the home. This is how the system is supposed to work if armed with the keychain remote, but if armed with the Away button on the console, the entry delay is supposed to delay the alarm from sounding so you have time to entery your PIN number to disarm the system. Any ideas?

Reply to
Dan
Loading thread data ...

It's a piece of junk.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It's possible you have the door transmitter set up as a non-delayed zone. Doing so would give an instant alarm upon re-entry.

Other than that, consider Crash's assessment of the system.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I'd suggest that you consider that EVERYONE has problems with Radio Shack systems. Have you asked your local Radio Shack store which manufacturer made the equipment that protects their store? You're protecting your life, property, family and worldly posessions. Upgrade ...... immediately!

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.