Bass vs DBPR

found this video of RLB's close call with the DBPR.

formatting link

Reply to
Chub
Loading thread data ...

Nice, but you should have seen the look of horror on Ab-Norm Mugger's face just before that missile blew the jiminex out of his truck.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Is there some reason why you are being so persistant in your efforts to incite discord? I believe that's about the third time you've made a nasty reference for no apparent reason. What's your purpose in trying to cause strife without any provocation?

Reply to
Jim

His purpose is to cause strife without any provocation... and to post his tag line as often as he can.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Or as my customer sign he has hanging above his door way says"

"Theres no reason for it its just policy"

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

I like the look on your face at the end. 'free at last, free at last, thank god almighty, free at last' or...... is every 'ding' an internet sale and at the end that is you still standing there at your virtual 'sales counter' ready to transact another internet sale?;-) or.....

Reply to
Chub

That one's pretty good but nothing beats Pinky the Cat.

I always w> found this video of RLB's close call with the DBPR.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Or you're just a nasty little man with nothing to offer but vitriol.

My sales are doing fine. Perhaps if your business was thriving you'd have less time to browse the web looking for cartoons. Then again, if cartoons are your primary interest...

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Your sales are doing fine ......... hmmmm?

And does it follow, that if your business was thriving, you'd not have time to provoke conflict?

In this case, it would seem that the only "nasty 'little' man" offering vitriol, would be you.

It still is apparent that, in spite of the fact that you blatantly provoke, you act as if you are not the blame for the discord you cause. How much more obvious could it be that it is you who kindles the strife?

Again, I'll ask .........can you define a purpose to your conduct?

Reply to
Jim

He won't answer unless you use some four letter words, Jim. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

"you're just a nasty little man with nothing to offer but vitriol".

To that I would agree Mr. Bass...You are, just a nasty SOB that wants to cause turmoil "My sales are doing fine".

Sure Mr. BAss...your sales are doing so good, you're taking orders out of the country to avoid the laws here. Laws that pertain to taxes and consumer protection, And, as always, you're hiding to avoid the consumers from knowing who and what you are.

What handle did you use in that other newsgroup that you got caught causing more turmoil in?

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

========== Someone posts a cartoon poking fun at The BassMan, he retorts in concert with the joke, and then you, in an apparently serious tone, accuse him of inciting discord.

Pathetic. B o r i n g. Surely you can do better. You'll never get anywhere with your smear campaign against Bass if you can only come up with stuff so transparent a retarded person can see through it.

Reply to
Optional

Oh, for the content portion of my post that I would up forgetting to include above, what is the DBPR?

Reply to
Optional

"Optional" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

The DBPR is the State of Florida agency which regulates state licensing, in Florida, for 67 different industries. Full name is the "Department of Business and Professional Regulation". Bass has been wobbleing on the fence as to whether his business functions require a state license or not. Some of his actions do require a license. He keeps saying no, but, for his own good, I have told him on several occassions that he is not reading far enough into the statute. For some reason he doesn't go past the part that says he is exempt from licensure for distribution. I don't think he realizes there are actually two statues and a set of rules that govern these activities, but he thinks he knows more than anyone else, so......... Some of his actions have gone by the wayside because he realized the value wasn't worth the risk, and some have had complaints filed against him for investigation. After a recent visit to his modest online business (his home) by a DBPR investigator, the charges left to go cold due to a dispute over an interpetation of the statute between two of the state attorneys. One said he was in violation and the other said they wouldn't persue it because the statute was not clear. That portion of the statute has since been cleared up. I think if another complaint were to be filed for the same thing, the case would be easily picked back up. Bass is definately on peoples radar here in Florida for his activities. Not as an online dealer, because to sell parts does not require a license on the state level, but may on a local level, such as an occupational license. He used to claim to be incorporated, but didn't show up in the Division of Corporations. A license is required for some of his extra curricular activities. He is a smart guy and he knows how and likes to play the game. It will be his ego, his attitude toward any type of regulation, and his "catch me if you can" attitude that will be his demise. Probably much more than you wanted to know.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Reply to
Chub

Cats are evil.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hi Bob:

Thanks for that clear and comprehensive explanation on the DBPR and how it relates to the BassMan. No, it wasn't too much.

Personally, I'm a fan of Laissez-faire and free market economics with a minimum of State intervention. I consider opposition to overly intrusive Government intervention in private business a patriotic virture, not a vice; and find it in keeping with the intentions of this Nation's Founders.

So far it seems, BassAlarm's ethics are not so bad. It's no Enron or WorldCom. I hope he meets with continued success in his business endeavors.

Reply Optional

Reply to
Optional

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.