Bye-bye Tela-link...

Has anyone heard the latest on what is going to happen with all the Tela-link customers?

Reply to
Items for Sale
Loading thread data ...

I missed something, whats up with them? "Items for Sale" wrote in message news:%Z%9j.33714$5l3.5596@edtnps82... Has anyone heard the latest on what is going to happen with all the Tela-link customers?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Shutting down, not shipping any new radios and not allowing any new units on the network.

Reply to
Items for Sale

the network.

messagenews:47688fea$0$5011$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

messagenews:%Z%9j.33714$5l3.5596@edtnps82...

Tela-link customers?

RHC: Mark, do you know why this is happening? I'm also assuming this is the same Tel-a-Link company based out of Calgary, Alberta. I was giving serious consideration to using their product for my customers requiring phone line backup.

I have had occasion to discuss market issues in quite some detail with their director of sales, and have also had personal experiences with them which have assured me they are a very good, honest company that honour their committments. If this is the same company, and the this is so, this is truly an unfortunate situation

Reply to
tourman

Same Company.

They have given their dealers if lucky a week to get new back-up equipment installed.

Reply to
Items for Sale

Reply to
tourman

Tela-link radios are shutting down. They are turning off the network No more. Gone

They were being sold as a replacement for Skyroute. Started back East and then into BC and the States.

Now Going out of bus.

Reply to
Items for Sale

Robert! Manufacturers of radios have to subscibe to the service that carries their signals. If they cancel the service the radios can transmit themselves off the wall and the signals arent going anywhere. I don't know about in Canada, but in the US if you're transmitting on an unlicensed frequency, you're breaking the law.

Reply to
Jim

RHC: Yeah, I know how it all works; it's just that I didn't expect such a thing to happen to what I perceived as such a good service with some fine people working for them. I am truly saddened by this. It just goes to show that business can take some very unexpected turns at times. Bad things can happen to good people (and companies...:))

Reply to
tourman

units on the network.

messagenews:47688fea$0$5011$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

messagenews:%Z%9j.33714$5l3.5596@edtnps82...

Tela-link customers?

RHC I evaluated the equipment last year, It was my opinion that the radios were sub-par in construction, the setup and programming for DSC panels was bizarre to say the least. Also the central station receiver looked behind the times although I think it was a temporary demo unit

The biggest problem is it's a private radio network that must be setup in a particular area, while it may have good coverage in Canada they only had 3 or 4 cities covered during my evaluation.

You are far better off in my opinion with any of the current GSM cellular units

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Robert! Manufacturers of radios have to subscibe to the service that carries their signals. If they cancel the service the radios can transmit themselves off the wall and the signals arent going anywhere. I don't know about in Canada, but in the US if you're transmitting on an unlicensed frequency, you're breaking the law.

It's a private radio network they create much like AES radios, if they go so does the network

Reply to
Mark Leuck

ink customers?

Has there been official notification of their closure?

Reply to
alarmco

I'm curious about that too, there has been no official word yet

Reply to
Mark Leuck

All I have is the voice mail from the Owner / President of Tela-link that I did save, thank the lord. They have not returned any of our messages or emails. I did track down Courtney Webber via their retail alarm company Triton,

formatting link
he was no help and had no comment. Our rep, or former rep did call on Friday to say that her dad had laid her off and that there would be no need for any letter to confirm they were wanting to break our contracts and shut down the network. As of today besides the reason from the Owner, I have now had three other people call and the funny part each of them have their own reason as to why Tela-link called that they were shutting down, non of them matched the reason by Tela-link. Would love to find they did pull up their boots and stand behind the contracts they signed. The product and program had some real great merit.

Good luck to Tela-link, hope you can fix this.

Reply to
George Siegle

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.