For Roland Moore

Roland, I've started a new thread for this response to your ill advised post.

Roland Moore wrote:

You are quite simply a myopic ass. Are you too stupid, lazy or ignorant to > be able to figure out a way to stifle that wretched pie hole of yours? It is > not Bass you offend with your piffle, it's me. I don't remember pissing in > your Post Toasties but I am ready to start. Your over the top cancer > comments have put you beneath respect. At least Bass won't have to be > concerned about being buried next to you, I suspect he's going to a cemetery > one day, hopefully far in the future. I doubt you could find a way to leave > your remains in a landfill, they have standards you know. > Have you ever held a loved one when they take their last "rasping, cancer > ridden breath"? I have and I suspect many others on this NG have too. > Nothing, and I mean nothing, Mr. Bass has done could merit that horror. > Nothing anyone has done here on this NG to you gives you the right to say > anything like that to bring up so much pain and sense of loss. The fact the > he holds his tongue shows how effortlessly he out classes you by an order of > magnitude. When you take your last breath it might be because someone is > choking the life they can't stand anymore from your worthless carcass. Bass > has a disease he didn't ask for and hopes to beat. Your have one far worse > that you choose to pretend isn't there. I bet Bass is enough a of a real > human being to feel sorry for you now and more sorry for learning of your > end. There are far more people holding a good thought for Bass on this NG > than you. Lay off Bass! He is not the enemy you think he is, that guy in the > mirror is. The sooner you see that the better off we will all be. If you're > looking for a truly sorry and really nasty SOB that is easy to dislike, > besides yourself, I am your man! I am a fat, foul mouth, foul tempered, > forgive and forget, but first GET EVEN sort of guy. You want to talk about > taking your breath away? Get on my bad side, underneath, and you won't be > breathing. Your comments might not seem that sick to you, but keep talking > and you might be surprised how fast they could put you in the hospital. But > you don't want to mess with anyone that isn't easy prey occupied with > fighting for their life and couldn't care less about you. If your goal is > getting to Bass it isn't working, you just disgust the rest of us with your > drivel. A word to the wise, the next time you mention cancer here you'd > better be talking about an astrological sign. > If you're any sort of a real man I hope your thoughts go toward asking Bass, > and everyone else here that had the misfortune of reading your post, to > forgive you. > > > "Jim" wrote in message > news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > > > Robert L Bass wrote: > >> > The comments in the below post regarding > >> > the various brands and their quality, > >> > usefulness, and position in ranking, is at > >> > the least, speculative, subjective and > >> > ultimately, simply only the opinion of one > >> > person. > >> > >> Not one single expletive?!? Quick, someone call 911. Jiminex must be > >> gravely ill. :^) > > > > > > > > The only reason you need to call 911 is when you take that last, > > rasping, cancer ridden breath ..... which should be pretty soon. > >

Roland, in all your verbal diarrhea, that you disguise, in verbose, comments, I think that it's time that you get the education that you're lacking. And also learn that you're not the only one who can write endlessly about a piece of shit like Bass. I really hate to retread ground that has been trod so many times in this Newsgroup but you just gotta be put down.

I've participated in this group coming up on about 10 years now. Since day one, Bass has been the bane of this Newsgroup. As boring as it may be to those who've seen and read this literally hundreds of times, I'm about to see if you can read as long and arduously as you can write.

The fact is, ...........contrary to Steve Ryckman's (the founder of this group) intentions, and the group FAQ, Bass, promotes his website and exploits this group and the trade experience of it's participants, for the sole purpose of making a profit here. If he were to simply state in his sig line that he had an on line store and perhaps occasionally refer someone to his site, that would be acceptable. However, he continuously lies about himself as still being in the installation business. He has contradicted himself dozens of times about how long he's been in this industry, which indicates that he is lying. There's some evidence that he lied on his alarm license application in New England about the fact that he is a felon. Although he insists that he could get a license to install in Florida, there are participants here that are in a position to know that he can't. Therefore, if he can't get a license in Florida because he's a felon and Connecticut, has the same laws, how did he get away with installing there? He's stolen information from people here and from other sources and doesn't give credit or lies as if it is of his origin. He constantly berates installing companies, encompassing all, into his deriding remarks. He constantly derides installers and every bad thing that a few may do, he depicts it as if all installation companies practice the same bad tactics. This, obviously to convince people that they should buy from him rather than have a system installed. His conduct and attitude is demeaning towards any who object to what he does here ............. and he simply refuses to stop. Therefore, the choices for those who choose to be here ...... are ........ let him do his dirty deeds and stay silent while he insults individuals ( calling installers idiots, monkeys, stupid .......... and installation companies (frauds, thieves, swindlers). Or,................. object to his unacceptable conduct. Many would say that this mess exists simply because of something that has escalated to this point. What isn't so apparent, is that in past Newsgroups, Bass has been forcibly removed by consensus of the entire list of participants, for doing the very same exact thing that he does here in this group. He lied, stole information, went real life to get people who opposed him in trouble with their employers and told lies to people about his detractors. It's all documented in Google. Every thing that he does here in ASA, he's done in other groups. So it's not just simply an isolated "circumstance", as someone like yourself might assume .... In fact, it's a pattern of behavior that Bass has acted out over many many years in Usenet. So this just makes what he does here ever so much more objectionable. He obviously does it intentionally! INTENTIONALLY! This is part of the education that you're lacking Roland.

The casual participant has no idea of what this deranged individual methodically does here and what his nefarious past or intentions are. To you, for the brief time that you've been here, you simply see a snapshot of his fraudulent persona, and think that there is no reasoning behind the actions of his detractors. He shows his best side only for the short interludes that end users come here looking for information. He depends upon their short stay to appear to be the benevolent provider of anything that they need, so as to entice them to buy from him. When those that have been the brunt of his insidious "Mr Hyde" persona object and berate him for what he's done to this group, the short timers think the worst of the detractors and cant understand why someone who is so helpful, should be "attacked" in such a fashion. Have you noticed that there is not one person who will vouch for his decency? .... his integrity? his trustworthiness? NOT ONE! You will also notice that of all the things that you are about to read ( and hopefully you will take the exceptionally long time to read it) That Bass nor anyone else will not ..... actually CAN-not deny the truth of one word of it.

Now, to support all of this .........along with all of his reprehensible conduct in Usenet.........there's the story behind the story. After all of his ongoing criticisms of individuals who oppose his conduct here, there lies the amazing tale of his personal life that has been exposed.

If you preface all that you will read with what has been revealed ( and he has confirmed) about the abnormal behavior that represents his personal life, you will get the picture of a truly demented individual who's purposeful and obvious intent, is to cause chaos and disruption where ever he goes and no concern for others. Roland? How many people do you know who are responsible for the death of someone through negligence? How many people do you know who are a convicted felon for pulling a gun on someone? Just those two items alone, makes it obvious to any normal person, that you're not dealing with someone who has the faculties or character to make socially acceptable decisions. Now put this together with what you are about to read and then you can decide if you think someone like this should even be allowed to be involved in the "security industry" much less be accepted, without objection to this group ............... or ....in fact by anyone, in general. He's a downright social misfit.

Once knowing what this demented misfit has consistently done to people for years , it's got to be quite clear that what the conditions and the feelings that exist here in ASA, is happening because this is what Bass instigates and what he chooses to happen, by his intentional refusal and inability to get along with others. The people who object to his conduct are individuals who just downright refuse to let him usurp this group with his proven deranged conduct, without any objection. As it turns out, it gets down to ............ if, by his conduct, he can disrupt this group, then what's to stop anyone else from doing the same damn thing as he does? So far, he hasn't caused anyone to go real life with him, but I feel that someday, it possible that he's going to do something to the "wrong" person and they'll take him up on his provocations, that he'll "bash their head in". In the mean time, we who believe strongly that what Bass does here is wrong, will continue to object to his conduct. And those that don't outwardly object to his behavior ( mostly all here *do* object but some choose to sit silently by the wayside,) will continue to enable him, even though they know that if he were to be continuously discredited by the entire group, with the people he solicits to buy products here, it would defeat his sole purpose for being here. But ........... even though they know he could be ousted, they choose to do nothing and thereby enable him ........... and therefore the group will remain in chaos. That's their call. I will continue to object and be the cause of disruption here as long as he is. As long as he chooses to instigate trouble, I will instigate more. As long as he continues to poke and prod, I will poke and prod more and harder. Get it?

So be it. Bass is wrong in what he does here and his past history in Usenet and in his personal life, attest to his continued pattern of disruption of other peoples lives ........... no matter where he is. In this medium of Usenet he can get away with things that he wouldn't dare do in real life, where he would be promptly knocked on his fat ass.. Therefore, here, he will always find resistance and objection to his conduct and there will be chaos. He's obviously quite aware of what he does. Just like a dog that knows it's going to be whipped if it barks. It still barks because whipping is the only attention it can get and it's better than none at all. It's obviously his goal to be the outstanding individual. With a personal background such as his, it is manifest that he can't have any self esteem so he gets his attention by being the cause disruption. This is bolstered by his documented history, that indicates that he is compelled to always create a scene, good or bad, where he is the center of attention,

The above is only a small portion of the entire chronicle that could be written about this deranged individual and his outlandish conduct and history. And unfortunately, because of his ill treatment of people here, for a very long time, the people that come here for advice are of secondary importance to discrediting him. If there's ever anything that I can do to stop Bass from getting one penny in profit from his unacceptable behavior here, I will do it. Any altruism that anyone would feel by the help I, or anyone else would be inclined to give someone who comes here, is totally negated by the fact that Bass will benefit from it, by being able to capitalize on the information given freely by everyone else and thus he makes a profit at the expense of what others give away graciously.

I have nothing to gain or lose here. I'm not here to make a profit and I was smart enough to keep my identity anonymous, so Bass can't go real life with me as he has stated that he actually likes to do with people, who object to his conduct. He has stalked Frank and I and others for years to no avail. But you can be sure if he were to find out where and who we were, there would be anonymous phone calls to vendors, suppliers, neighbors, relatives and anyone he could locate to lie and try to discredit our personal and business lives. And by the way, your threats are worthless and meaningless also. What you or anyone thinks about me is of no importance. If you don't like what I say or do, that's your problem. I will continue to do what I deem the son of a bitch deserves. To paraphrase a quote from Bass when confronted with someone like you, objecting to his behavior "you don't run this group. You can't tell anyone here what to do. If you don't like that, you're welcome to leave." Just so you know, in another world I would never even consider saying that to anyone here. Bass likes to think of ASA as his private little sandbox and he doesn't like it that I play in it rougher than he does.

Therefore, I will disrupt this group whenever I can, in anyway that I can, as long as Bass does what he does to disrupt this group. If his conduct is disrupting the group, and there are people who wont object to it, then what difference does my conduct make? They can't rightly object to my conduct with out objecting to what Bass does and has done to this group. Why should only one person have the prerogative to do whatever they damn well please? If one disrupts the group intentionally, then others can do the same. The group will be none the worse and it provides a continuous example to the "do nothings" that in not objecting to Bass simply enables him ..... as well as anyone else who chooses to cause chaos. Again, it's their call.

For what he does to this potentially great gathering of people and this group, he's a scumbag and rotten son of a bitch and deserves anything bad that could happen to him. His conduct in his personal life and in Usenet depicts his unconcern about others. Unfortunately for him, that attitude of unconcern has trickled over to his personal well being. He's experienced a heart problem, likely due to his inability to control his eating habits as he is also unable to control his life and now recently he's contracted cancer. Oh yes, and that brings to mind one of his finer moments. After his insults to one of the participants in this Newsgroup ( one of his on-line competitors, by the way) about his overweight problem, it was accidently discovered that Bass himself is an obese, fat slob. This after him telling us that he had lost weight, was exercising and bike riding for health reasons. Just another example of his propensity to deceive people. I sincerely hope that either his heart problem or cancer will be his demise. It can't happen too soon. He's burned his bridges and it would be only just to see the bridge in front of him come crashing down, just as he was crossing.

There are nice people in this world and not so nice people. Bass doesn't even come close to being included in the category of .............. people. By his history and his example in Usenet, it's evident that he's a grotesque and repulsive facade of a human being, seething with hatred for himself and everyone around him. He deserves to be treated with no more consideration than piece of shit. and should be the object of hatred by the hundreds of people that he has insulted, mocked, humiliated, ridiculed and lied about in Usenet. He should get back all that he gives here in ASA, twofold .......... and now it's a sure thing that he will.

Let me show you some of the posts from people who've been repulsed by the very stench of his existence. I'll post them separately to make it easier reading.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

This is from one of his competitors where he caught Bass posting under the name of others is ASA, making false complaints against Andy's business.

From: "Andy Bowman" Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms References:

Subject: Bass busted! Lines: 100 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000 Message-ID: NNTP-Posting-Host: 66.72.38.100 X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net X-Trace: newssrv26.news.prodigy.com 1019725997 ST000 66.72.38.100 (Thu,

25 Apr 2002 04:13:17 CDT) NNTP-Posting-Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 04:13:17 CDT Organization: Prodigy Internet
formatting link
SCSGGVOGZBSYRWHXNKK^_T\\B\\JYL@DHLLBWLOOAFBATBTSUBYFWEAE[YJLYPIWKHTFCMZKVMB^[Z^DOBRVVMOSPFHNSYXVDIE@X\\BUC@GTSX@DL^GKFFHQCCE\\G[JJBMYDYIJCZM@AY]GNGPJD]YNNW\\GSX^GSCKHA[]@CCB\\[@LATPD\\L@J\\\\PF]VR[QPJN Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:13:17 GMT

Norco also doesn't go posting lies in their competitors guest books pretending to be someone else either! I must say I was shocked when I traced the headers Robert, I really thought it was Mike from Alarm Services at first, but when I looked at my site logs, Mike's IP had never even been to the site as of then. The one from Comcast however caught my eye and I immediately compared it to the one left in the guest book and guess what? They both match yours, a Comcast ISP (cable modem?) in Sarasota FL.

For those who care, Bass made two posts in my customer testimonials guest book on my site at

formatting link
The first was a test post pretending to come from Mike (Group Moderator), the other was a bad service / product post pretending to be a Nomen Nescio. Below are copies of both.

Sorry to add to the pollution of the group here, but I very rarely post here and when I do it's not usually to hawk my wares like Robert, the one time I did though I guess Robert felt intimidated and threatened that I was invading his territory and decided to resort to childish tactics.... sad. Get a life will you Robert.... I really would have never thought he would do anything like this, his ethics should seriously be questioned now, as you he was caught red handed. I would have thought he would have at least tried to hide himself better... perhaps his arrogance got the best of him this time, not thinking I'd be smart enough to trace it to him.

Robert, I guess the prices on the site were so much better than yours that you decided to try and discredit me as opposed to compete fairly. Too bad you have to resort to these tactics. Too bad for you it will have no impact huh, the comments were deleted within an hour....

Now, be a man and admit to the group you did it and promise not to do it again or I will join your fanclub and post a variation of this post to alert your potential customers here on a routine basis. I'll also report the incident Comcast and, hell I may even throw up a webpage on your distasteful competitive practices. The balls in your court, friend.

First guest book entry:

(1) Full Name tester (2) E-Mail Address snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (3) Home Page URL

formatting link
(4) Home Page Title (5) Date (system)

4/25/02 (6) Time (system) 3:07 AM (7) IP Address (system) 68.56.141.54 (8) Comments test

The second one:

A new post has arrived with he following information:

(1) Full Name Badenov (2) E-Mail Address Nomen Nescio (3) Home Page URL none (4) Home Page Title (5) Date (system)

4/25/02 (6) Time (system) 3:11 AM (7) IP Address (system) 68.56.141.54 (8) Comments Terrible service! Ordered from this store and got a real run around. Overpaid for good and got no service.Ripofs!

-- Sincerely,

Andy Bowman

formatting link

Reply to
Jim

This is from an Aviation group that Bass had almost destroyed by stealing information from people, calling the FAA to lie about someone flying while intoxicated ..... among numerous other misdeeds.

Aviation Student wrote in article

01bda0fc$972aa8c0$4be7869f@default>... Join us in ignoring Robert L. Bass . He has: - posted erroneous and misleading advice, - repeatedly made false accusations against others, - attempted to have those who disagree with him disciplined in their workplace, - threatened the property of those who disagree with him, - repeatedly cancelled the postings of others, and - attempted to "mail bomb" both individuals and this newsgroup. His actions have been very destructive to this newsgroup, and are not socially acceptable. He has expressed the conviction that his actions are right.

We the undersigned join in a rec.aviation ignoring of Mr Bass. We will not reply to any posting Mr Bass makes as any response at all only seems to encourage him. We request all others to do likewise.

To add your name to ours and indicate your support for this course of action, reply by e-mail to " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com". Email may not be answered. Please do not respond to this message.

Rich Ahrens Chris Anderson John Ammeter Robert Barker Jon Barry Dave Barnhardt Robert P Bass Charles Black Mark Burkley Rod Cadanau Don Campbell Michael D. Casey Bob Chilcoat John Clarke Tom Cooper Christopher Corder Sheron Cunniff Rod Farlee WendyBG (Farlee) Joseph Feld Thomas Fitzgerald John Galban Mark J Grueninger Daniel Grunloh Rick Hake Roger Halstead Warren Hecksel Sydney Hoeltzli Dan Hoyte Richard Ilfield Carl A. Johansson John R. Johnson Rick Hake Suzanne King Wessel Kooyman Ric and Shari Lee Ray Leonard John Lowry Mike Kelley Sue Kramer Frank Maier Don Meyer Jeff Morris David E. Munday John Neidart Martina O'Donoghue John Ousterhaut Bill Phillips Colin Rasmussen Del Rawlins Bob Reed Sam Rios Kelly Rhodes Bill Robie John Rourke Bill Shellenberger Jerry Springer Jeffry Stetson General Stark (Marty) John Stricker See-Mong Tan Dwight Taylor William Thelen John Theure Jared Thomas Paul Tidball Tracy Thompson James Thursby Kib Tyler Bob Urban Rick Wagner Gene Whitt

Reply to
Jim

This is Bass admitting that he stalks people and although he doesn't admit to telling lies about them to their employers, you can take it from his victims that he does.

Author: Robert L Bass

. . . relating to a fellow flamer . . .

I have his home address and telephone number on file.

Eventually I'll get around to locating his employer. At that point I will begin forwarding copies of every single post he makes to their personnel department. This is a very effective means of dealing with intractible flamers. It is not necessary to make any claims at all about their actions. Just let the employer know what they do and then spread the facts all over Usenet if it continues. A few dozen forwarded posts will usually suffice. It's really the best kind of justice as the abuser's own posts bring about his (sometimes her) demise.

It is amazing how fast an abuser can be flipped clean through a wall by this simple, straightforward technique. It has the added benefit of sending the blood pressures of several other rather nasty folks through the roof, possibly bring on a cardio-vascular accident. Nifty.

Blue Skies, Robert L Bass

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Subject: Moron Hates Texas Date: 1998/01/22 Author: Robert L Bass Posting History

You'll recall the recent discussion about a moron who hates Texas and the disgusting things he's been saying about the people of the Lone Star State. In order to avoid confusing this guy with some innocent person, I am including his home phone number below.

Here's the name, address and phone number. I am not suggesting you contact him. Just be sure you know who the guy is so you don't mistake him for someone else with a similar name.

xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx XXXXX Xxxxxxand xx Xxxxins, XX xxxxx-xxxx

Here is the guy's personal phone number: xxx-xxx-xxxx Blue Skies, Robert L Bass

[high standards in security] . . . . Why clip on. Hold your tone tracker next to the line and push the button in. You don't even need to touch the wires.

I don't recommend this, though. Eavesdropping on a phone line is a federal offense, not to mention boring.

Blue Skies, Robert L Bass

Reply to
Jim

This is from a participant of a Newsgroup that Bass tried to destroy.

From: Yin Lung Shih ( snipped-for-privacy@alumni.caltech.edu) Subject: Can we un-hijack this newsgroup? Newsgroups: rec.aviation.student View: Complete Thread (8 articles) | Original Format Date: 1998/01/19

I'm sorry to bring this up, but one Robert L. Bass with the original e-mail address of ' snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.com' has recently taken actions out of spite with the apparent intent to destroy this newsgroup or blackmail it into submission. These include:

- Deliberately changing his e-mail address to get through newsgroup participants' kill filters. Aliases noted so far include: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com, Harry Haffer, Wally Waller, RLB, and others. He has used about a half dozen aliases in about

48 hours

- Pirating information compiled, edited, and mostly written by Gene Whitt and claiming it as first belonging to no one and now claiming that he has created a version which is owned by him

- Retracting a promise to withdraw that pirated material and renewing his distribution attempts

- Offering "peace" with one hand and a thrusting knife with the other to his detractors

- Bombing the newsgroup with posts of this information, hundreds of KB at a time, despite prior warnings as to the consequences to news-servers

- A threat to repeat this bombing periodically, and in fact an explicit statement by him that he is doing so to push the off-topic "flames" against him out of news-server buffers (so he knows what he is doing)

- A threat to scan the AIM and FAR and post those in the future

He claims to be doing these things in response to flames against him and because it is his "right". Further he would stop if people stopped flaming him. However, as a recent participant in these "flamewars", I perused past transactions and concluded that the forced departure of all the people he complains of, Ahrens, Laffer, and even myself (if 5 days, 3 in defense of Gene's rights, constitutes sufficient transgression against group sensibilities) would only lead to a new flurry of flames in short order with new participants. He is some kind of wierd neurotic "moth" that both attracts flames and is attracted to flames.

Since this is an unmoderated newsgroup there are a limited number of options:

- Readers can object to his actions by copying his posts to their ISP and his ISP and hope that some action is taken by his ISP to kick him off or your ISP to reject posts from his ISP. This means keeping up with e-mail address changes and ISP changes as he hops around at first, as he is likely to do.

- Readers can ignore his actions, treat him as a pariah, and hope he goes away. Note that his bombing the newsgroup and changing his e-mail address means that it will be impossible to ignore the consequences of his actions even if you ignore him. And you won't be able to ignore him easily by kill-filing him anymore. The newsgroup will function in a degraded fashion so long as he keeps this up. (He knows this, which is why he is doing it.) But perhaps enough patience will see him get tired of this spite tantrum and the newsgroup can return to its semi-debilitated state of waiting for another blow-up from him.

- Apply pressure to his detractors to shut up and leave him alone. I think this is a forlorn hope as it will only encourage him to be more outrageous and new detractors will arise with a repetition of these events at a later time.

- This group can change to a moderated newsgroup. This has limited success outlook as moderated groups tend to be sterile and activity rates are low. It can also take several months to get the change implemented.

- Those members of this group who are fed up can move to an e-mail reflector list. This requires someone to set up and maintain a list, which is not very hard to do - I run one for a club and know how. It is less efficient than a newsgroup since every post is replicated in a mailbox rather than on a new-server, also archiving is not so straightforward as through Dejanews. On the other hand, I know of a ham-radio reflector which probably has over 1000 satisfied subscribers with no interest in "upgrading" to a newsgroup and the Mooney reflector probably has 100-150 subscribers. A reflector is probably better than a moderated group as it doesn't require post by post approval, which is what slows moderated groups down, and can operate at e-mail speeds. Of course, the only point of the list is to exclude RLB or anyone else who behaves in a continuously outrageous manner. The list maintainer would have that power, and only he or his designees could do so. If the list maintainers abused that power then the list would eventually become sterile or worthless. I don't see why that should be, but it is important to be up front about the trade-offs.

- Quit the newsgroup, as many others have already done, in disgust.

I can think of no other choices.

Yin Shih, N9YS/6, PP-ASEL-IA, M20K snipped-for-privacy@alumni.caltech.edu

Reply to
Jim

This is more of the same from that "era"

BOBO FAQ`s

1. Who is Bobo? A 100+ hour student pilot who has annoyed a lot of people on rec.aviation.student. Many experienced long-time r.a.s participants have left in disgust or have otherwise been driven off by his actions, leaving this group impoverished. People have observed his behavior here and conclude that he simply lacks the judgement to ever become a pilot.
  2. What is the Bobo Syndrome? There is a cycle that has repeated itself several times. He starts out with congratulatory and encouraging messages. He then starts with his "witty" comments (which can be amusing in small doses). On rare occasions, he even says something sensible. At these incipient stages, he's tolerable. Invariably, he either flames someone or otherwise does something to offend someone who responds in kind. Since Bobo seems to be unable to let go, a feedback loop follows as everyone puts in his own 1. Who is Bobo? A 100+ hour student pilot who has annoyed a lot of people on rec.aviation.student. Many experienced long-time r.a.s participants have left in disgust or have otherwise been driven off by his actions, leaving this group impoverished. People have observed his behavior here and conclude that he simply lacks the judgement to ever become a pilot. 2. What is the Bobo Syndrome? There is a cycle that has repeated itself several times. He starts out with congratulatory and encouraging messages. He then starts with his "witty" comments (which can be amusing in small doses). On rare occasions, he even says something sensible. At these incipient stages, he's tolerable. Invariably, he either flames someone or otherwise does something to offend someone who responds in kind. Since Bobo seems to be unable to let go, a feedback loop follows as everyone puts in his own $0.02. Bobo seems to derive some satisfaction from such fights. Eventually, it oscillates out of control and something happens to cool the flames for a brief respite. The cycle then starts over again. 3. What is a Bobo appology? We don't know. Bobo has claimed to have made some, but no-one's ever seen one. Bobo has at times made vague references to having "made mistakes". 4. Who is Sydney and what happened? Sydney was a knowlegable and active participant until Bobo contacted her employer to complain about her. He claims she was sending harassing email. Even if we take Bass's version of events for the sake of argument (and from email I exchanged with her, I personally find it very hard to believe she was anything but tactful), his reaction was extreme and uncalled for. It also leaves open the question of why Sydney would single him out for such "harrassment". Bobo seems to believe his problems on the net started as a direct result of this incident as Sydney's friends are trying to get even with him for this. He claims his actions were justified and refuses to appologize. He also fails to understand that Sydney's popularity and his ostracism are effects, not causes. Because of this incident, Sydney no longer posts actively. Although her employer apparently did not take Bobo's charges seriously, such accusations even if unfounded usually have grave consequences. The main point about the Sydney incident is that Bobo was a problem on the net before it happened and things merely continued downhill from there. 5. What are some of his other netcrimes? He has: posted hate mail in volatile groups, naming his victims by name and giving their adress, e-mail and phone numbers. Made midnight `phone calls to several members of the ng Mailbombed yours truly (pretty feeble ones, but it`s the thought that counts) On and n and on. 6. Who is Gene and what happenned? Gene is an experienced CFI and long-time participant. He is well known for his valuable contributions on the net and for his disks. He has a non-aviation day job and simply instructs for the joy of it. Gene's disks contain a collection distilled wisdom based on his knowledge and experience. He mails them out on request at no charge. Until 1998 when he ran out of disks, he even paid for the disks and postage himself. Now he just asks people to send him a SASE and blank disks. At one point, Gene sent Bobo his disks, but Bobo subsequently offended Gene (this apparently predates the Sydney incident). Rather than respond in kind, Gene chose to leave and only returned after learning how to set up a killfile entry. After his return, Gene announced the availability of his disks to people who would email their snail mail address. Bobo apparently had lost his copy of Gene's files and requested another copy by posting rather than emailing his address to Gene. Gene deliberately ignored the request, but Bobo obtained the files from a web site that Gene authorized. Despite crticism of the action, Bobo offered to email Gene's files to anyone who requested. He finally agreed to stop if Gene would personally email the request. Later, Bobo claimed Gene had told him the files were compilations and in the public domain. Contrary to Gene's stated wishes, Bass converted the files to HTML, claimed copyright on the HTML version, and posted them, tying up valuable bandwidth. Bobo later claimed he would stop only if people stoped flaming him, in effect holding Gene and the rest of the group hostage. Later, Gene announced the availability of a new revised (1998) edition of his files. Bobo claimed to have obtained a copy from the web site, even though Gene says he never sent it out. Gene subsequently decided that Bobo is dangerous and evil and despite his distaste, started dissecting the various Bobo droppings. He also added his editorial comment, calling Bobo a "vampire". Many newcomers unaware of the history viewed Gene as the agressor in this round. Bobo complained to Gene's server. Because Gene now feels so strongly about the issue, he has asked others to continue posting the vampire message on his behalf. 7. Who is JRJ and what happened? JRJ is a long time contributor to all of the rec.aviation.heirarchy. He`s an experienced Pilot, instructor and restorer of antique airplanes. Bass took exception to some of his posts and nsinuated that JRJ was a liar. When JRJ fought back, Bass contacted his employers at the college where he worked and told them he was messing with company equipment on their time. This was not a big inconvienience to JRJ, but goes to show the small mindednes that Bobo is capapble of. 9. Who is "Larry Laffer"? Larry Laffer is an extremely good looking and intelligent, but fictitious persona posted anonymously apparently by the same individual who posts under the name "Q Salt". The Laffer persona exists specifically to parody Bass's own actions and Laffer himself acknowledges that he posts nothing of value. The seems to be either to hound Bass of the net (unlikely) or to provoke Bass into an action that would get him in trouble with his server (somewhat more likely). 10. What postings did Bass cancel? Lots, in three seperate cancelling sprees. In the first, he just did it, apparently unaware that it was against the policy of the vast majority of usenet hosts. He showed no remorse for this and it was only when his server told him "no more" that he stopped. The second was of Gene Whitt`s repetitive posts against him. These were apparently authorised by Gene`s server, but obviously the authoriser didn`t know Bobo. In the third, Bobo convinced a junior abuse rep at @home to allow him to cancel any posts he didn`t like! This abuse person was reprimanded by a moe senior official and Bobo is on a very short plank if he steps out of line on this or any other score again. 11. Did Bass lose his solo privileges due to a Class C airspace incursion? There are conflicting versions of the story but two things seem to be established facts. There was a serious class C incursion (as in not just clipping a corner) and Bass is currently no longer signed off for solo privileges. 12. Why must Bass leave? He needs to learn how to listen more than he speaks before returning. 13. Why Bass should be ignored? Nothing else has worked. 14. How do I set up a kill file? Go to the ng and hunt around for people who have tread this path before. A search in dejanews will give you some leads on how to set one up. There are a lot of different ways to do so. Alternatively, you can just stay tuned in and let Bobo entertain you!.02. Bobo seems to derive some satisfaction from such fights. Eventually, it oscillates out of control and something happens to cool the flames for a brief respite. The cycle then starts over again.
  3. What is a Bobo appology? We don't know. Bobo has claimed to have made some, but no-one's ever seen one. Bobo has at times made vague references to having "made mistakes".
  4. Who is Sydney and what happened? Sydney was a knowlegable and active participant until Bobo contacted her employer to complain about her. He claims she was sending harassing email. Even if we take Bass's version of events for the sake of argument (and from email I exchanged with her, I personally find it very hard to believe she was anything but tactful), his reaction was extreme and uncalled for. It also leaves open the question of why Sydney would single him out for such "harrassment". Bobo seems to believe his problems on the net started as a direct result of this incident as Sydney's friends are trying to get even with him for this. He claims his actions were justified and refuses to appologize. He also fails to understand that Sydney's popularity and his ostracism are effects, not causes. Because of this incident, Sydney no longer posts actively. Although her employer apparently did not take Bobo's charges seriously, such accusations even if unfounded usually have grave consequences. The main point about the Sydney incident is that Bobo was a problem on the net before it happened and things merely continued downhill from there.
  5. What are some of his other netcrimes? He has: posted hate mail in volatile groups, naming his victims by name and giving their adress, e-mail and phone numbers. Made midnight `phone calls to several members of the ng Mailbombed yours truly (pretty feeble ones, but it`s the thought that counts) On and n and on.
  6. Who is Gene and what happenned? Gene is an experienced CFI and long-time participant. He is well known for his valuable contributions on the net and for his disks. He has a non-aviation day job and simply instructs for the joy of it. Gene's disks contain a collection distilled wisdom based on his knowledge and experience. He mails them out on request at no charge. Until 1998 when he ran out of disks, he even paid for the disks and postage himself. Now he just asks people to send him a SASE and blank disks. At one point, Gene sent Bobo his disks, but Bobo subsequently offended Gene (this apparently predates the Sydney incident). Rather than respond in kind, Gene chose to leave and only returned after learning how to set up a killfile entry. After his return, Gene announced the availability of his disks to people who would email their snail mail address. Bobo apparently had lost his copy of Gene's files and requested another copy by posting rather than emailing his address to Gene. Gene deliberately ignored the request, but Bobo obtained the files from a web site that Gene authorized. Despite crticism of the action, Bobo offered to email Gene's files to anyone who requested. He finally agreed to stop if Gene would personally email the request. Later, Bobo claimed Gene had told him the files were compilations and in the public domain. Contrary to Gene's stated wishes, Bass converted the files to HTML, claimed copyright on the HTML version, and posted them, tying up valuable bandwidth. Bobo later claimed he would stop only if people stoped flaming him, in effect holding Gene and the rest of the group hostage. Later, Gene announced the availability of a new revised (1998) edition of his files. Bobo claimed to have obtained a copy from the web site, even though Gene says he never sent it out. Gene subsequently decided that Bobo is dangerous and evil and despite his distaste, started dissecting the various Bobo droppings. He also added his editorial comment, calling Bobo a "vampire". Many newcomers unaware of the history viewed Gene as the agressor in this round. Bobo complained to Gene's server. Because Gene now feels so strongly about the issue, he has asked others to continue posting the vampire message on his behalf.
  7. Who is JRJ and what happened? JRJ is a long time contributor to all of the rec.aviation.heirarchy. He`s an experienced Pilot, instructor and restorer of antique airplanes. Bass took exception to some of his posts and nsinuated that JRJ was a liar. When JRJ fought back, Bass contacted his employers at the college where he worked and told them he was messing with company equipment on their time. This was not a big inconvienience to JRJ, but goes to show the small mindednes that Bobo is capapble of.
  8. Who is "Larry Laffer"? Larry Laffer is an extremely good looking and intelligent, but fictitious persona posted anonymously apparently by the same individual who posts under the name "Q Salt". The Laffer persona exists specifically to parody Bass's own actions and Laffer himself acknowledges that he posts nothing of value. The seems to be either to hound Bass of the net (unlikely) or to provoke Bass into an action that would get him in trouble with his server (somewhat more likely).
  9. What postings did Bass cancel? Lots, in three seperate cancelling sprees. In the first, he just did it, apparently unaware that it was against the policy of the vast majority of usenet hosts. He showed no remorse for this and it was only when his server told him "no more" that he stopped. The second was of Gene Whitt`s repetitive posts against him. These were apparently authorised by Gene`s server, but obviously the authoriser didn`t know Bobo. In the third, Bobo convinced a junior abuse rep at @home to allow him to cancel any posts he didn`t like! This abuse person was reprimanded by a moe senior official and Bobo is on a very short plank if he steps out of line on this or any other score again.
  10. Did Bass lose his solo privileges due to a Class C airspace incursion? There are conflicting versions of the story but two things seem to be established facts. There was a serious class C incursion (as in not just clipping a corner) and Bass is currently no longer signed off for solo privileges.
  11. Why must Bass leave? He needs to learn how to listen more than he speaks before returning.
  12. Why Bass should be ignored? Nothing else has worked.
  13. How do I set up a kill file? Go to the ng and hunt around for people who have tread this path before. A search in dejanews will give you some leads on how to set one up. There are a lot of different ways to do so. Alternatively, you can just stay tuned in and let Bobo entertain you!
Reply to
Jim

More and more .......

Subject: Robert L. Bass tries to screw Dave Houston

Subject: re Bass From: snipped-for-privacy@whocares.com (Dave Houston) Date: 7/3/2004 8:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

I'm sure this will do little good but when such an abominable lie is repeatedly spread by such an abominable liar as Bass, I think it requires a response. He knows I keep him in my killfile so I guess he figures he can take these shots with impunity.

When he posts, "Not too long ago when he was begging for help I tried to put aside our differences; privately offered to assist him and got publicly slammed for it." he is lying! Anybody who wishes can check Google for this group back in May/June of 2003 just after I got out of the hospital. You will find no post from me asking for help. You will certainly find no post from me "begging" for help. But being the bottom feeding dishonest bit of sub-human slime he is, Bass has repeated this lie several times.

I turned down offers from a few people who offered help when I said that I would probably have to move and stop posting here. I have since managed to get into the VA healthcare system which gets me my cardiac medications at $7 per prescription per month - a savings of a few hundred dollars each month. That has allowed me to stay in the apartment I've been in for the past

7-8 years.

I did ask if anyone with the appropriate skills was interested in taking over an application I wrote several years ago that gave those without the ability to speak (from brain injury, ALS, CP, stroke, etc.) a way to control their environment and use text-to-speech to "speak", even originating and answering phone calls. I offered the sourcecode for free. Bass, being the slime-ball, con-artist, hypocrite he is, sent an e-mail trying to wheedle me into giving him the sourcecode. I guess he thought he could then sell it to someone else - he certainly has demonstrated no programming skills nor even a beginners understanding of computer related security issues although he ridiculed my warnings about active scripting. (CERT and other computer security experts this week recommended abandoning IE because of severe security holes related to active scripting.) If Bass would like to settle this in an appropriate venue, I can prove eveything I've said and disprove everything he has said. Bass would be the last person on earth that I would consider to take over the sourcecode.

I _gave_ that sourcecode to someone else who did have world-class programming skills. I'm not sure if he did anything with it. I wrote it back before the government would subsidize similar software so he may have decided there was no longer a market. Or he may have been unimpressed with it.

My diagnosis was severe congestive heart failure. My cardiologist has steadily increased my dosage of the two main medications and I'm functioning nearly as well, although with decreased mobility, as before. I'm trying to finish off several DIY HA related projects in whatever time I have remaining. Many are nearing completion.

The X-10 RF input module for the Ocelot/Leopard will probably be of interest to the greatest number but I'm also working on porting Commander-X to an embedded, networkable, under $100 system.

Continued ::::::::

Subject: Re: re Bass From: snipped-for-privacy@whocares.com (Dave Houston) Date: 7/6/2004 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

When Bass sees his lies refuted, he responds with another.

There was NEVER any such page on my website.

There was a notice that due to my health I could no longer maintain the site nor respond to emails it generated.

There was a link to a page which gave a brief detail of my health problems and which offered to give the sourcecode for SpeakOUT! (the text-to-speech application program for the disabled) to any qualified person who would update it and make it available (whether for free or as a commercial app) for those who could use it. The person I really wanted to take it over was an Air Force pilot who expressed strong interest but then got transferred and found himself with little free time to devote to it.

There was no plea for assistance. There was no request that anybody provide web space for ANY purpose. The page was already hosted on donated server space that did not cost me one cent so there was no reason to request that someone maintain a site.

When the emails actually increased, I shut the web page down.

When an individual with suspect motives posted a message here that it was still available in the WayBack archives, there was another spurt of email so I had it removed from the archive. (They understand copyright law.)

The page was hosted by a company that has an international IT business. They have servers in Europe, North America and Asia. All mirrored my pages; all were archived religiously on a daily basis.

There were dozens of people who emailed me offering free server space. Most said they had made personal archives of the pages and would publish them with no work on my part. Since that defeated the purpose of shutting down the pages, I declined all such offers telling them I would edit the pages and republish them at a later date. So, there are many, many archives of the pages held by independent parties which will prove that Bass is once again resorting to slander and libel.

To those complaining about my posts, I can only say that I did not initiate this exchange but I am not going to allow anybody to slander and libel me without responding. If you do not like that, use your killfile. If you do not want to use your killfile but still wish to complain, I can only suggest you follow the advice the Vice President gave to Sen. Leahy. ALL of those complaining made my killfile long, long ago.

Bass is a thoroughly dishonest slime artist who, lacking in technical ability, resorts to personal slander and libel when someone posts technical data that he cannot refute.

His "FAQ" linked to each of my web pages (without permission) for several years. Most of his "FAQ" is composed of work done by others and used without permission.

It amazes me that nobody has turned Bass into gator kibble

Reply to
Jim

The following is a post from the originator of this group Alt Security Alarms. This is the post that he wrote to Robert Bass, as a result of the trouble he was causing in the group. Shortly thereafter, Steve left the group. The major point here is ..... that Robert Bass, just simply continued his same aberrant behavior in this group that was cause for him being thrown out of the aviation group.

I would have expected no less from you Robert.

Reply to
Jim

Now Roland, if all of this isn't enough to cause you to have second thoughts about what goes on here in ASA, I'll be happy to begin posting some of the garbage that Bass has been responsible for in ASA too. The list is simply endless.

As it stands at this point ........If you have no problems with what he's done to this and other Usenet groups then you better damn well not have any f****ng problem with what I do here.

And if you do ............ That's too f****ng bad. There's not a damn thing you can do about it. You don't run this group or have any say in what anyone does here. If you don't like it you can filter me or you can leave. Many have left before you and I'm still here. And as fate will have it .... I'll be here longer than Bass too.

Ya get the point now ............. ?

Reply to
Jim

Yes I get the point, and I am very sad for you. Somehow you have let your anger overcome your humanity. I suspect somewhere in you is a bigger person than you let on is there. I understand that all the things you posted solidly add up in your calculus. You have concentrated on only one side of the equation. Do the math on the other side. The two sides don't equal. Perhaps to you cancer is something like the plague, a distant horror. To me and others it has real perceptible features, to Bass too I suspect. If you want to make a good argument make another list like the one you just posted after you tour a hospital or hospice or two to visit some cancer victims. Talk to a few folks with cancer and their family. Talk to the nurses and the doctors about what they see day in and day out. Stick around long enough to let all the sights and sounds and smells really sink in. Tell me in your mind what hits you most; the pain, the blood, the needles, the machines, the tears or what? Now picture you and cancer together pushing Bass down a hall in that same place to leave him in a room to die.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Roland Moore wrote: Now picture you and cancer together pushing Bass down a hall

:)

Reply to
Frog

Jiminex' finest hour:

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Ya know Roland, you've really made me see the light. You're absolutely right. The two sides don't add up. Regardless of what I think or what others think about the make up of Robert Bass, it's actually worse than anyone

can possibly imagine. Bass is the nastiest f****ng prick alive. He has done every concieveable nasty thing to so many people that nothing bad that anyone could say about him would EVER equal what he's done. So thank you so very much for making me appreciate my glee that his departure from this Newsgroup is approaching.

I don't have to tour anyplace. I've had relatives and family members die of cancer and have dealt with it in ways you can't imagine ...... So, as a matter of fact I know therefore of which I speak. Which, come to think of it, makes my comments all the more meaningful.

Now your talkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah ...... just imagine.

Lookit Roland, others may not say it as plainly as I do but if the people in ASA would be completly honest about it .....If you took a poll to find out how many people are going to sigh in relief when he's gone, you'd get the scope of the dislike that everyone has for this rotten f****ng prick. They just won't come out and say it in the same way that I do. I'd like to think that Bass is sitting there pondering what his nasty f****ng miserable life has been all about. About all the enemies he's made, how many bridges he's burned and walked away from as uncaringly, as I am. And how many people in this world will remember him for being the rotten nasty demented son of a bitch that he's been his entire life. And that's only justice ............... I may be a nasty f*ck also, but damit, at least it's directed against a rotten f*ck like him. This is just one of those times when two wrongs result in a right.

I give him about a year and he's on the way out and that's not soon enough.

So now that we've got all that out of the way, I'll presume that you can mind your own business and I'll tend to mine. Right? If not ..... "You don't run this group" ....... and well, you know the rest.

Heh heh heh .... I'll betcha that's one thing that Bass regrets saying more than anything he's ever said ...... Except for maybe ..... "Go ahead make my day" HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Let's see now ..... which one would make the best epitaph?

Reply to
Jim

You notice they're all about "you"? I actually didn't think anyone could "encapsulate" your career in Usenet quite as accurately and succinctly as you just have... Bravo!

Reply to
Frank Olson

be carefull here..you coulf be in danger of being called a Lazy Bastard with that name.....

"Frog" a écrit dans le message de news: F1l4h.9981$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews3.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
Petem

Yup that fit your description...

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: atSdnXrJa7_fh8_YnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Petem

Odd, he doesn't seem french

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Actually, they say far more about Jiminex. He constantly whines that I'm somehow destroying his newsgroup. Yet it is he who fills the newsgroup with verbal excrement. You're words are less vulgar but your behavior is equally loathsome. That's why every time you post an attack on me in certain other newsgroups you are soundly spanked by the normal people there.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

somehow destroying his newsgroup. Yet it is he who fills

behavior is equally loathsome. That's why every time

by the normal people there.

Isn't it amazing that you don't notice that you are "spanked" by the majority of people who participate in this Newsgroup, every time you post your tripe.

So lets see how that works now. If you disagree with who's spanking you, then it's you who doesn't deserve it and it's all the others who are wrong. Is that about it?

Yeh sure. Why don't you drop dead ...... Oppppps!

You already are ...... aren't you?

Reply to
Jim

Being in this business and serving large institutions I get to see stuff I wish I didn't. Especially early on in a project when you just have a door frame number as a reference you go straight to it and go in. Now when I find the door I always stop and look at the signage as well. After a while you make yourself save yourself from seeing things that won't let you sleep. You still hear and smell what you don't want to. Having this too fresh on my mind leaves me puzzled with your comments. The gaping maw of cancer isn't something most folks want to fall into, and most times (until now that is) don't wish that for others. I assume you are rational and fully understand what you are saying. Letting someone get you to that point where you do wish cancer would consume someone is certainly a feat I did not think was possible. I stand corrected. For the record I don't consider myself the Pollyanna type. I suspect in your mind I must be somehow. The way I see it is your mind has taken a vacation here. Talk about putting lipstick on a pig, there is not enough lipstick made that this pig can wear to make it possible to even look at it.

Reply to
Roland

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.