ADT Yard Signs

Seems as though ADT or Ebay (or both) have put the clamps down on the selling of ADT yard signs. I have a self-installed system and am using a central station of my choosing, but have one ADT yard sign (because everyone recognizes ADT). I'd be interested in purchasing a couple more to place elsewhere on the property, and am looking for anyone who can source these. Please let me know either here or via private email at briantf27 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thanks.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail
Loading thread data ...

I just tried searching for ADT yard sign on eBay and got several responses.

Try this:

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

What's your address? I'll have ADT's attorneys deliver one special.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Why do you suppose that is?

Yes, they are recognized far and wide as the some of the cheapest, most poorly designed and installed residential systems currently available.

Source them? SOURCE them? You mean steal them and sell them to you?

Wait. You're a network engineer, right?

Fuck off. js

Reply to
alarman

Personelly I do not use the yard signs and do not offer them to my customers. Might as well hang a sign out to come and rob me because i have an alarm system becuse im afraid i have something of value to loose. I have a customer who is a councelor at local prison and has interviewed his share of burglars and they all tell him when they see an alarm sign on one house and not the other that the sign usuually is a target for a breakin and depending on the sign burglars already know how a system is installed and designed.

Reply to
nick markowitz

And you follow that reasoning from a burglar who is in prison? DUH.

Come on man, does that really make sense to you?

| > Why do you suppose that is? | >

| >> I have a self-installed system and am using | >> a central station of my choosing, but have one ADT yard sign (because | >> everyone recognizes ADT). | >

| > Yes, they are recognized far and wide as the some of the cheapest, most | > poorly designed and installed residential systems currently available. | >

| >>I'd be interested in purchasing a couple | >> more to place elsewhere on the property, and am looking for anyone who | >> can source these. | >

| > Source them? SOURCE them? You mean steal them and sell them to you? | >

| >> Please let me know either here or via private email | >> at briantf27 (at) yahoo (dot) com | >

| > Wait. You're a network engineer, right? | >

| >> Thanks. | >

| > Fuck off. | > js | >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I prefer to use yard signs & window stickers. I pity the fool who uses signs but has no system installed, though.

PS- Use spell checker Nick.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Because they hate capitalism?

I don't care, and the low life wetbacks who are breaking and entering in my neck of the woods don't know this.

I could steal them myself. They're everywhere. No I mean source them, jackass.

Nope, but you're obviously an idiot.

Blow me.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Perhaps, but I had my expectations set very low to begin with.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Sounds like you blew it.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

That follows the EXACT opposite pattern from almost all the breakins in my neighborhood and the surrounding neighborhoods, and frankly isn't intuitive. Most breakins are quick smash and grab jobs... And here in California, it's the illegals that our legislature coddles who are the perpetrators. These aren't tech savvy criminals. They want to get in, grab stuff of value that can be pawned off, and get out. First they pick the neighborhood (affluent areas), and then pick the easy targets within the neighborhood. The houses with signs (with or without systems) are not getting hit.

The *one* story I've heard that hasn't fit this mold were a pair of idiots who thought they knew the police reponse time, and could get in and out of alarmed houses fast enough. They didn't count on a neighbor hearing the alarm and subduing them with a couple Taser guns until the police arrived.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Yep. And when it ceases to be fun, my replies usually stop. :)

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Need to learn how to take things with a grain of salt around here. You may have heard me say many times, it is just kicks and giggles for me with some of these folks. Pick out what you need and either have fun or ignore the rest.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

Hahaha. Right. I can understand ADT taking exception to EBay sellers who are suggesting the use of the signs without buying an alarm system... But what I do with a sign on my private property that I obtained legally is beyond their concern and control.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Better that and return when you want rather than trying to return to face the reminder of your comments. People here can dig up more stuff, regardless of how old it is....and will quickly remind you of it. Catch ya in the future if you decide to face the heat. ;o]

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

:-) js

Reply to
alarman

How did you obtain an ADT sign "legally" without buying an alarm from ADT? My lawnsigns are my property and covered by my tradename (similar to copyright protection), if you don't buy a system from me you can't get a sign "legally", if you stole it from someone else's lawn...that ain't legal either.

ADT does not sell lawnsigns so you don't own it legally.

| | Hahaha. Right. I can understand ADT taking exception to EBay sellers | who are suggesting the use of the signs without buying an alarm | system... But what I do with a sign on my private property that I | obtained legally is beyond their concern and control. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

There are legal doctrines involving the abandonment of property that would come into play here at some point. That also applies to leased systems left in houses.

Personally yard signs make good targets/target holders

Reply to
Steve

I guess when a law is enacted which says "Purchasing ADT lawn signs is forbidden by law" I'd take care not to do so. Dealers who sell ADT lawnsigns as accessories might be frowned upon by ADT, but even that is NOT illegal. In the case of EBay, I'm sure the guys who are currently selling ADT signs with the logo intentionally distorted in pictures received a nice pissy letter from ADT lawyers who had their panties in a bunch over the suggestion of using signs without buying an alarm system and using the ADT trademark to do so. But, believe it or not, the act of buying an ADT lawn sign does not constitute trademark infringement. Hell, ADT should love the free advertising I am providing, if anything.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

That depends on what ADT may have done. If they left the sigs there after the client stopped dealing with them the signs are abandoned. Considering they rarely even collect leased alarm systems, I doubt they're about to go around collecting old lawn signs. Besaides, they don't put them up as a deterrent to theft. They're advertising for the alarm company.

If ADT labels the sigs as company property and makes a reasonable effort to collect them at the expiration of the contract, then ADT has the right to their return. However, if ADT abandons them they become the property of the homeowner and he can do whatever he wants with them.

Not really. The material printed on them is covered under trademark and copyright laws but not the physical signs themselves. It's more a book which you write. If someone in lawful possession of the book wants to sell it on eBay he has every right to do so. He just copy and can't publish the book.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.