ADT yard signs

Hello, we have a couple of relatives interested in buying these signs. Let me know if anyone sells these. Thanks much

Reply to
ap
Loading thread data ...

I have a bunch of them, from ADT systems I have ripped out and replaced with security systems. C'mon down. js

Reply to
alarman

ADT defends it's trademark and only provides signs to it's paying customers. They've invested millions of dollars in advertising, community involvement, sponsorships, and other good will efforts to build value in the name and symbols associated with the company. The fact that people request "ADT" signs and not just security signs is a testament to the branding efforts.

It's because of this that they don't take kindly to those ripping off the brand and selling signs on eBay or elsewhere. Proceed with caution.

Reply to
J. Sloud

Hey..why not use them to ground the system..right?

| >>Hello, we have a couple of relatives interested | >>in buying these signs. Let me know if anyone sells these. | >>Thanks much | >>

| >

| >

| >

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

What do you mean? They're free, just drive through the neighborhood and get yourself one...

Reply to
Jackcsg

How do you explain all those corner houses with signs whether they have alarms or not? LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Its a testament to the gullibility of the consumer.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Of course they were. But by the time they made their two call attempts to verify the alarm....

Reply to
Jackcsg

Isn't that the truth.

Reply to
Jackcsg

Call ADT and see if they will give you permission to use their tradename in that manner, see what they say as far as it being an even exchange. Post back the answer you recieve. Call Corporate, not a ADT dealer. I'm sure we're all curious as to the answer!

| >> >>Hello, we have a couple of relatives interested | >> >>in buying these signs. Let me know if anyone sells these. | >> >>Thanks much | >> >>

| >> >

| | Displaying an ADT sign if you don't actually have an ADT Alarm is not | illegal. In fact, with the free advertising, it's pretty much an | even exchange. | | Beachcomber | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Displaying an ADT sign if you don't actually have an ADT Alarm is not illegal. In fact, with the free advertising, it's pretty much an even exchange.

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

Thats easy, the only money the trunkslammers make is what they get off the sale of the signs so they load up their trunk with signs every chance they get. Haven't you seen those bs letters they stick on everyone's door saying if you let them put their sign in your yard you get a free system. Then check ebay and there are all the free systems for sale and all the extra signs too.

Reply to
<thesatguy1

You're the one infringing on a trademark not me, I have no reason to call ADT.

According to your logic it would be ok to put a Rolls Royce insigna on a Volkswagon...sure you may never get sued but it's still not kosher. Also, anyone selling someone else's trademark is infringing.

| >

| How about you make the call Mac and give us an answer? | | I'm not going to call anybody. I understand that they may not like | it as they are in the business of selling systems and not signs. | | However, If I put a sign outside my house, how are they going to sue | me? | | I've never heard of any alarm company suing a homeowner having an | alarm sign on their lawn. (For one thing, it would generate a lot of | negative publicity.) Most of the signs I see just give the name of | the alarm company and dont necessarily say "This premises protected by | ADT or XYZ Alarm Company". I am not making any false statements. | | I don't see them suing eBay or its users to shut down the sign | auctions posted on that site and there are hundreds of signs posted | for sale there. | | Beachcomber | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

How about you make the call Mac and give us an answer?

I'm not going to call anybody. I understand that they may not like it as they are in the business of selling systems and not signs.

However, If I put a sign outside my house, how are they going to sue me?

I've never heard of any alarm company suing a homeowner having an alarm sign on their lawn. (For one thing, it would generate a lot of negative publicity.) Most of the signs I see just give the name of the alarm company and dont necessarily say "This premises protected by ADT or XYZ Alarm Company". I am not making any false statements.

I don't see them suing eBay or its users to shut down the sign auctions posted on that site and there are hundreds of signs posted for sale there.

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

Seeing as though Burma Shave closed operations in 1967...dunno.

I'm thinking that if you gain some kind of benefit out of using someone else's trademark, that it is infringement.

| > According to your logic it would be ok to put a Rolls Royce insigna on a | > Volkswagon...sure you may never get sued but it's still not kosher. Also, | > anyone selling someone else's trademark is infringing. | >

| | With ADT's reputation being what it is, maybe it's more like putting a VW | insignia on a Rolls Royce. Regarding trademak infringement, if I purchased | a complete system from them folks and owned it, I don't think it's | infringement to sell the parts separately, as long as I don't manufacture | copies of their signs or labels and sell them for profit. Several years ago | I bought some Burma Shave signs and stuck them up. They were legally | produced and I purchased them to use on my property even though I didn't | sell Burma Shave. Illegal? No way. | | Bob | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Not only that but ADT could argue dilution of a famous mark.

|| > According to your logic it would be ok to put a Rolls Royce insigna on a || > Volkswagon...sure you may never get sued but it's still not kosher. | Also, || > anyone selling someone else's trademark is infringing. || >

|| || With ADT's reputation being what it is, maybe it's more like putting a VW || insignia on a Rolls Royce. Regarding trademak infringement, if I | purchased || a complete system from them folks and owned it, I don't think it's || infringement to sell the parts separately, as long as I don't manufacture || copies of their signs or labels and sell them for profit. Several years | ago || I bought some Burma Shave signs and stuck them up. They were legally || produced and I purchased them to use on my property even though I didn't || sell Burma Shave. Illegal? No way. || || Bob || || || | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. js

Reply to
alarman

With ADT's reputation being what it is, maybe it's more like putting a VW insignia on a Rolls Royce. Regarding trademak infringement, if I purchased a complete system from them folks and owned it, I don't think it's infringement to sell the parts separately, as long as I don't manufacture copies of their signs or labels and sell them for profit. Several years ago I bought some Burma Shave signs and stuck them up. They were legally produced and I purchased them to use on my property even though I didn't sell Burma Shave. Illegal? No way.

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

Hey...that's my line.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.