Ademco Vocabulary Mishmash

I you can't figure that out you are better of with a Lynx

Reply to
mleuck
Loading thread data ...

I was hoping the Vista20P/6160RF was a superset of the Lynx. On paper, it more or less is. In practice, not so much. Since I have both, perhaps I'll use both. Set them to unique house codes and use the Lynx/5828V for voice chimes, and the Vista20P for output triggers. A bit of a kludge, but it's the best option I know at the moment.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

It doesn't matter if zone 1 is a fire zone. You don't even want a fire zone programmed if you don't have a fire system, or CO zones if you don't have CO detectors.

It's in the *56 menu. Just enter zone type "0" to disable it, you can take the resistor off if desired, but I'd just leave it there when you need another zone.

Reply to
G. Morgan

OK thanks, that's good to know. I'm currently not using any of the hardwired zones, and I did change the factory default of zone 1 to zone type

0, but I'm guessing there is some other factory default that assumes zone 1 is still fire, becuase it displays a CO TROUBLE. The EOLR is working for now, but I'm still curious and will see if I can locate the other option that is causing the trouble report when I get a chance. Thanks agian.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.