Ademco Voice Chimes

The Ademco panels and voice keypads can be programmed to announce the zone on a chime event. Here is a comparison of the chimes.

The LYNX says "DING DING DING ". Seems pretty reasonable. It's what I would expect from a voice chime.

The 5828V, when attached to the LYNX, says "DING DING DING FAULT ". Note the addition of the word FAULT. Would prefer not to have the word FAULT, but still seems pretty reasonable.

The 5828V, when attached to the Vista 20P/6160RF, says "DING DING DING ... DISARMED ... NOT READY TO ARM ... DISARMED READY TO ARM". And, if one of the zones is currently bypassed, the message is even longer with, "DING DING DING ... DISARMED ... NOT READY TO ARM ... DISARMED READY TO ARM ... BYPASS".

Now that's an annoying voice chime. Is possible to program the Vista

20P/5828V voice chime to work similar to the LYNX/5828V?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser
Loading thread data ...

Quick follow-up: I was able to get the voice chimes on the Vista20P/6160RF/5828V to function like the LYNX/5828V. Not positive, but as best I can tell, all the extra DISARMED ... NOT READY TO ARM ... DISARMED READY TO ARM messages may have been caused by Zone 1. I tried to disable Zone 1 (factory default is fire) by settng the Zone Type to 00, but adding an EOLR to Zone 1 seemed to resolve it. In any case, voice chimes seem to be working now.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.