ademco vista reporting

any idea why ademco vista 12d can't send alarm reports on arc? cid format on standart phone line.. what i am missing?? thanks...

Reply to
spyros
Loading thread data ...

you did try dialing the phone number you've programed (for ARC) from a house phone to see if it answers and tones.? house lines requires a 1 +, then check if they have a long distance carrier that requires a pre-code before a 1 +...

RTS

Reply to
RTS

Hi Spyros, I'm not a user of "ademco" products but when you say "standard" phone line, what do you mean? Hard copper land line? VoIP? There are so many kinds of telephone services today. And - - - - even if you start out with hard copper at your end, your communication path can change from one technology to another along the way. Here in the States, there is a big movement by alarm companies to cellular because it reached a point that there where so many different telephone providers that alarm companies didn't know if the telephone provider or the customer were going to change the type of service after they did an installation causing alarm reporting to not work. I personally include cellular communicators with every installation now days.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Try pulse format. No shit. I had pulse work over IP lines a couple times when CID failed. I hated it, and started insisting on cellular primary anyplace that had IP lines.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.