Ademco Vector 3000 converting to Ademco Vista 128BP

My current system is a Ademco Vector 3000 (#4153). This utilizes a polling loop but it looks to me to be slightly different than the polling loop used in the Vista 128BP. The 4153 has the pooling loop hooked up as follows: The pooling loop wires labeled "out" are all hooked up to terminal 1 and 2 on the panel. The polling loop wires labeled "return" are all hooked to a

4152 add-on circuit board, which as I understand gave the pooling loop a Class A designation. I do not see such an option on the new Vista 128BP for something like a 4152 , so I am unsure where the return wires are to be hooked up.

Is it possible to set up the Vista 128BP with a Class A designation? If so, what do I need. If it is not possible where do I hook up the return wires from the polling loop that labeled return?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
LostInSpace
Loading thread data ...

All the polling loop devices for the Vector 3000 are compatible with the Vista Series polling loop. Depending upon how the 4152LM is configured, it can be used as either a Class "A" polling loop return or a separate polling loop (it doesn't allow you to expand the system beyond the maximum number of polling loop modules for your system). I recently upgraded two Vector 3000's installed on the same job. I replaced it with a Vista 128FB and just had to reprogram the duplicate 4190WH ID numbers. "Piece of Cake" and the customer's really pleased with the fact that the room numbers come up on a single new LCD screen (which replaces the two LED keypads he had before). :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
nick markowitz

The question is since the Vista 128 series does not offer a 4152LM (which in my case gave it a Class A designation) like the Vector 3000 did, where do those return wires get hooked up?

Thanks

Reply to
LostInSpace

Cap the "return wires". You don't need them.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thanks for the reply. It sounds as though the Vista 128 lost the capability for a Class A designation on the polling loop, since it can't power from either side like the Vector 3000 could. I am surprised that Ademco/Honeywell would not provide for that since all it took was a $25 add-on circuit board.

Reply to
LostInSpace

With the 128, if you want redundancy, you'll have to opt for multiple polling loop expanders (4297) configured as individual isolated polling loops as in the figure on page 3-14. You can't use this module with the Vista 128FBP or the 250FBP.

If you see Dr. Smith, tell him I said "Hi". :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.