Ademco Vista-15 Install Manual

I actually heard him say "cheerio" last year. js

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

Welcome back RHC. Wanna know what happened while you were gone? I cursed roughly 12,786 times (god dammit doesn't count). Crash said his prayers, washed behind his ears, took his vitamins, and helped an old lady cross the street. Mikey passed out in a drunken stupor the day you left and just now started to come out of it. Jack and Doug discussed who is the driver, who's riding, and if it's worth it springing for new rubber (it's a California thing) Mark bought a new horn and basket for his bike. Frank was accused of being Frank which confused Spike and Spike Jim was arrested when police found him dry humping ladies legs on the subway (that conversation with you about t*ts stirred him up. You old folks need to relax). and your favorite pal sold thousands of panels, dined with dignitaries, hunted for exotic creatures, danced with millions of people, toured the globe, discovered the cure for Asian bird flu, brokered a cease-fire between warring nations, and was nominated as the ASA Man of the Year.

R.H.Campbell wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

It's true and he's almost like a real person

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Holy crap ! And I thought I was active on my vacation...doesn't sound like anything near as interesting as all that went on here in ASA.....:))

On the business related side, I met Jim Rojas in person in Tampa for the first time....

To sum up....

1- he's a hell of a nice guy... 2- he sure knows his stuff (especially on board unlocking where our knowledge comes together...I'm impressed)... 3- that man has more equipment hanging around than ADI, Tried and SSI all together.......what he needs is storage space !! Anyone kidding him about his garage being loaded ain't just whistling Dixie !!

BTW, following up on batteries overheating, I once had a call from the client of a dealer that went out of business saying there was a foul smell coming out of the can and a battery trouble on the keypad. When I went in, I found a battery that had obviously shorted internally, and swollen up until it was nearly as round as a softball. It was so hot to the touch, I nearly burned myself on it. It has actually charred some documentation the previous dealer had left in the can. Its rare, but it can happen....

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Much ado about nuthin'. The scrap of wire would have acted like a fuse and opened. The smoke was just a bit of the battery case melting when the wire initally tried to carry all that current. :-)

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

I'm curious as to whether this panel was powered by a transformer with an internal fuse. It would seem to me that if the rectifier were fried, it would be pulling enough current to blow the transformer fuse.

In any case, you've made another interesting point: there's only a limited amount of oxygen inside an alarm panel to support combustion, and air circulation through the knockouts isn't likely to bring in a fresh supply. So even if something overheats, the likelihood of a fire breaking out of the can seems pretty low.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Since you're in the mood to be a thoughtless, inconsiderate little prick today...

Why don't you just post some multi-megabyte binaries while you're at it?

Not that any of us require additional proof that you're an asshole.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Reply to
Everywhere Man

I was using the standard white DSC transformer (with the external LED)....dunno if that one is fused or not ! And yes, the actual fire didn't start until I actually opened the can allowing oxygen to enter freely. Previously, the can was full of noxious smoke which kept things from igniting....

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

I suppose...but i want a new cordless drill, and an additional hardrive, and a new truck, and and and....

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Keep filling the newsgroup with hateful vitriol and I just may.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It's fused.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

For the cordless drill take a look at

formatting link
I've bought from those people for years. They're a good outfit. On the hard drive and truck you're on you're own.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Go for it, you're tantrums are entertaining

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Everywhere Man

That would make you a complete Basshole. Not that there was ever any doubt.

Since there's no point in doing anything half-Bassed, you might as well. While you're at it, you can explain why it's okay for you to post a 3Mb advertisement, but not okay for others to post a 3Mb binary. Is it because you so thoughtfully put the initials "PR" at the beginning of some (but not all) of your posts? If so, then it must be okay to post large binaries, so long as you put the word "Binary" at the beginning of the subject line, right?

I assume that "PR" is short for "PRick," right?

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

I just scored a new Makita 18v drill for $99. Looks like they're blowing out the old stuff . Hard drives are cheap, I just bought a couple 400's and with GM in trouble, look for incentives on your new truck. See you in Vegas ;-) js

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Where'd you find it for 99, the cheapest I found was 138.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Dixieline, just before xmas. js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.