Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

Why not DIY? Any primate with a modicum .....oh, forget it. js

Reply to
alarman

I don't think so

Chevette

Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 1.3 liters Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 80 hp

You're Supra just can't compete

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Now THAT is an interesting question! I can just see it now

"Those pesky manufacturers are gouging the public"

"Mechanics are just interested in quick expensive fixes with substandard parts"

"I used to hang around Chevy engineers when they were designing the Supra..."

"The manuals can be found at

formatting link
the login is ...."

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided Tape

That runs away when you pull gun.

Reply to
Davey Crokett

Welp, it gets me to Vegas 45 minutes faster than my truck...that's relatively fast.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

True, but the more important thing is how fast it gets you *out* of Vegas.

I used to love going to Summer CES in Chicago. After they stopped doing the show there the only choice was Lost Wages, New Make-you-go. Since I rarely drink, never gamble and have zero interest in hookers, that town is of little interest to me.

I did have a good laugh the last time I went to CES there though. As you walk out of the convention center there are always a bunch of cute models handing out promotional literature, copies of the show mag, "TWICE Daily", etc. I would just hold my bag open and let them drop things in as I walked the gauntlet.

I'd usually just toss everything into my suitcase and my wife and I would sort it all out when I got home but one evening I stayed in my hotel room to read some of the show mags. In the bag were several multi-page brochures featuring ladies of the evening in full color photos. Had I not checked that literature would have been the subject of some heated discussion upon my return. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I don't collect any of that crap anymore...I just get the free screwdrivers and hats and crap.

The ISC show was boring (Anaheim) before they moved it to Vegas.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Once I won a raffle at ISC -- got a keypad operated door lock. It was kind of cool but I didn't really need it and it wound up sitting in my garage. I finally gave it away to a customer years later.

One year one of the manufacturers ran a booth with an enclosure full of money. You got 30 seconds to grab all you could. The problem was they turned on a powerful fan which made the stuff blow past you faster than an inverted 737. IIRC, I got about $5 or $10. Most people were lucky to get even one.

The NY-ISC show used to be good when it was still in the Coliseum. I always hated the Javitz center though. The HVAC system never got rid of all cigarette smoke. A few years ago they made it non-smoking and that helped, but the place is still like a glass bird cage and you have to walk for what seems like miles just to enter the ISC area.

Also a lot of manufacturers dropped ISC a few years ago. It used to take two days to see the whole show. Now it takes part of one afternoon.

The plus side of the Javitz center was that the NY-ISC coincided with a major fashion NY show and the lobby was usually packed with models. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

screwdrivers

It sure was a lot closer though. I like Vegas, but not the drive. Anyway, I'm just about out of screwdrivers, so I'm going. js

Reply to
alarman

I just returned from six weeks in Florida and three days of driving to get here, and am now catching up with a gazillion posts that I missed when down south (for some reason, I couldn't get into my newsreader.....)

I did have an 832 catch fire and nearly burn a place down. The AC rectifier fried and overheated. When I got there, there was foul smoke everywhere, and as soon as I opened the can, the whole mess went up in flames. I do think this was an isolated incident however, due to a defective lot of units that were installed on a run of panels a few years back.

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

I'm still thinkin..the Mootang needs new shoes though...and that's 700-800 smackers I'm not sure I wanna spend right now...and flying is no fun...you may see me there who knows.

| > The ISC show was boring (Anaheim) before they moved it to Vegas. | | It sure was a lot closer though. I like Vegas, but not the drive. Anyway, | I'm just about out of screwdrivers, so I'm going. | js | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Last time I flew to Vegas was just after 911. It took 7 1/2 hours from my house to the hotel. Probably better now, but I just drive it, what the hell. Doug's good company, even if he does talk a lot. js

Reply to
alarman

Since you're not fond of long posts I thought I'd warn you in advance. I'll be posting a few lists of product URL's today.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Personally I don't mind long posts, I wade thru Mr Cs all the time. I do object to self-centered assholes using this place for their own personal gain though. Fucking jerk.

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

I'll probably decide next week if Im gonna go I'll let you know. Without new tires though, I'd have to keep it under 100, and thats no fun :-)

700-800 | > smackers I'm not sure I wanna spend right now...and flying is no fun...you | > may see me there who knows. | | Last time I flew to Vegas was just after 911. It took 7 1/2 hours from my | house to the hotel. Probably better now, but I just drive it, what the hell. | Doug's good company, even if he does talk a lot. | js | |
Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'll have to get Jack some new tyres, maybe then we'll be able to go over

1. Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

At that rate, it will take you 2 days to get there.

tyres? you a limey or what?

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It's not long posts that we mind, it's your blatant disregard for the others on this ng. js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.