Ademco 5828v Install Manual

I would like to purchase an Ademco 5828v panel, but can't seem to locate a user manual before my purchase. Why is so difficult to find a user manual? Will I need a local security expert to connect this unit to my existing Lynx-R panel? Can someone point me to a url where I could download a 5828v manual. It would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Covenant
Loading thread data ...

manual before my purchase. Why is so difficult to find a user manual? Will I need a local security expert to connect this unit to my existing Lynx-R panel? Can someone point me to a url where I could download a 5828v manual. It would be greatly appreciated.

See attached:

4660.pdf
Reply to
G. Morgan

Try this link for the Ademco (now Honeywell) library. It will take you to a list of documents on the 5828V and various associated hardware.

formatting link

That depends on whether the control panel (not the 5828V) has been programmed to prevent you getting in. Many alarm companies "lock out" their clients from accessing the panel programming features. The usual reason given is to protect the alarm company from liability should the user mess something up. That's part of the story. The rest is that a significant number of alarm companies refuse to unlock the panels, regardless whether the user has purchased them, ever -- even after the monitoring agreement expires. Some will charge a nominal fee to reset the code for you. Others charge a high fee that IMO amounts to extorsion.

In short, it depends on the ethics of the company that installed the system. Note also that some systems are leased and in those case, of course, the company is not obligated to help you at all unless you pay them.

At any rate, the programming instructions are readily available on the Honeywell website. If you don't have a username and password, contact me and I'll help you. I don't charge for that.

See above and no problem. Best of luck.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.