Ademco Vista-15 Install Manual

I recently purchased a new construction home and I got an Ademco Vista-15 Alarm System. I got a Vista-15/Vista-15CN user manual but I did not get an installation or setup manual. I would like to add some options to my alarm and I wanted to take a look at the installation manual to see how things are supposed to be wired. I also wanted to see what features I can program into the unit. Is there a way I can get a hold of the installation manual?

Reply to
Computer Prog
Loading thread data ...

Contact Jim Rojas at

formatting link
Frank Olson
formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Click this link.

formatting link
whatever manuals you need.

If you need help, contact me privately and I'll assist you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You aren't going to provide the password this time? How unusual

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Ademco spank. js

Reply to
alarman

Installation/programming manuals are hardly ever given to the end user...for good reasons too - they're written in Alarmglish and one mistake in programming and you may render the panel totally useless.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That's one of the reasons. The other is that without the manual the client will need the installer for any changes or additions the system may require in future.

I always left the manuals, along with any drawings and job notes in a large, plastic envelop inside the control panel cabinet. This made it easy to service since the proper manual for the particular panel in use was always on site. Occasionally manufacturers issue new versions of the manuals with version upgrades of the panels. If the original manual is kept on premises the service technician doesn't have to concern himself with searching the truck for the right paperwork.

There is a similar divergence of opinion regarding disclosure of the panel programming access code. I like to keep that in the panel as well. If the client wanted to know the code, I'd explain the possible consequences of programming errors and then give it to him.

Most customers who purchase installed systems don't want to program the systems themselves. Some realize, however, that without that code they are subject to the whim of the installing company. Giving them full access to the panel helps to alleviate any concerns they may have, albeit at the expense of the alarm company's own concerns. :^)

For clarity's sake, I'm not saying that Crash is doing something wrong -- only that we do things differently.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yes you do, Crash installs and services alarm systems, all you do is yap about it

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

I would not recommend stuffing lots of paper inside an alarm panel. Potential fire hazard. Just what an unsuspecting customer needs, lots of flammable material stuffed inside an electric device cabinet that is generating heat. WOW! Good thing you are not in the trade! You really should think before posting some of this stuff to more unsuspecting diy vict err clients.

Reply to
grabbitt

"I always left the manuals, along with any drawings and job notes in a large, plastic envelop inside the control panel cabinet".

"There is a similar divergence of opinion regarding disclosure of the panel programming access code. I like to keep that in the panel as well".

Those comments are why you are no longer in the business Mr. BAss!

The panel box is not a place to store documents. It is a UL enclosure, not to be used for storage or splices or anything other than to house the alarm panel and its components.

Also, leaving the programming code in the panel is another reason you're out of business.....stupidity and your constant lies.....

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

You don't "stuff" paper inside the alarm panel. You place it neatly inside the plastic envelop it came in.

Not a chance. The panel temperature never come close that required to ignite paper. If your panels are that hot inside you are doing something terribly wrong. Then again, perhaps you are.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

tell that to RHC. I recall his story of a panel he installed catching on fire. Are you saying he does inferior installations? Good thing he didn't have it stuffed with paper like you used to do yours.

Reply to
grabbitt

Hmm. I use USENET as part of my marketing so it's natural for me to be online during the day. The fact that you're posting at this hour indicates you're out of work.

Best of luck finding a job.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I am posting at this hour. Doesn't mean I am out of work? It is called multi-tasking.

And to you finding a real job. But then again, I am not sure you can with your past.

As evidenced by RBL and his 14,000 newly found friends.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

This is entirely possible and have seen several of my panels over the years come very close to to igniting from neglected batteries. I never leave anything in the box.

| > That's one of the reasons. The other is that without the manual | > the client will need the installer for any changes or additions | > the system may require in future. | >

| > I always left the manuals, along with any drawings and job notes | > in a large, plastic envelop inside the control panel cabinet. | > This made it easy to service since the proper manual for the | > particular panel in use was always on site. Occasionally | > manufacturers issue new versions of the manuals with version | > upgrades of the panels. If the original manual is kept on | > premises the service technician doesn't have to concern himself | > with searching the truck for the right paperwork. | | | I would not recommend stuffing lots of paper inside an alarm panel. | Potential fire hazard. Just what an unsuspecting customer needs, lots of | flammable material stuffed inside an electric device cabinet that is | generating heat. WOW! Good thing you are not in the trade! You really | should think before posting some of this stuff to more unsuspecting diy vict | err clients. | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Normally it shouldn't however in the event of a lightning strike and as I recall Mr Campbell had one catch fire on its own

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That's surprising, Crash. In the 24 years I installed for a living it never happened to me. I've never even seen an alarm battery get more than uncomfortably hot.

Paper ignites at about 450º Fahrenheit (230ºC). That's hot enough to roast a turkey. If your control panel cabinet reaches that temperature, (1) something is drastically wrong; and (2) your control panel is no longer functioning.

I don't doubt your panel got hot enough to make it seem as though it was ready to ignite, but reality is they just don't get that hot, even in Waco.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided Tape

you can justify your stuffing electric device cabinets with paper any way you want but most of us are not selling off our accounts and moving out of the country. We are sticking around to stand behind our work and therefore we choose not to stuff panel boxes with paper because we don't want ANY chance of mishap causing damage to those that we have pledged to protect. Imagine what could have happened with RHC if his panel had been stuffed full of paper. May have started the whole building on fire and could have caused bodily injury or death to one of his friends or customers, not to mention the financial damages. You can justify it anyway you want but I for one will never put manuals and other papers in a electric cabinet. And if you were to THINK about it for 1 minute and be HONEST you would not recommend it to the whole world via Usenet.

Reply to
grabbitt

That statement speaks volumes. js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.