A new twist

Hi All,

Here is a new twist on the Alarm Business challenges.

Yesterday I received a Certified Letter from another state that does not even border my own. This letter states that: "The Department of Criminal Justice has obtained information that you may be providing central station monitoring services in state."

It goes on to say that: "Our records do not reflect your company being licensed to do business in state. And then continues to explain by quoting their Codes as to what the rules are. Along with a form for me to sign and return that states I will not engage or solicit private security services in state with out the proper licensing. Basically pleading guilty to all charges.

My first thought is a this is a case of mistaken identity. But, no its worse than that ................................. I called the person that was named on the letter. To make the conversation short he said that "his investigator" found my company name on the "internet" and determined that I could "potentially" be providing services in his state which prompted the letter.

I explained that the taxpayers in his state are paying for a lot of bogus crap and he should have "his investigator" call me directly and explain how he made the association. He said "his investigator" was on vacation. I said "I'll wait." and hung up.

I seems to me that someone is trying to justify there paycheck at the expense of the innocent.

So what's next??? Big brother peeking in my bathroom to make sure I am using the right colored toilet paper???

Anyone else getting this kind of harassments..................................... or worse????

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1
Loading thread data ...

I would send this state agency a certified letter simply stating my company does not engage and has not ever engaged in buisness in your state and if your company were ever to concider doing buisness it would only be so by following all applicable codes.and any inferance to fact you may have done buisness is seen as a personal insult and will result in filing legal action to see that no further interferance in your buisness is created.unless an immediuate written apology is recieved.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Hi Nick,

Personally I feel that I have already spent more time and efforts on this stupidity. They are going to have to PROVE that I have done something wrong. They can't!!! For them to try and glean violators in state by information collected solely on the "net" is an insult to my intelligence. They can go pound sand for all I care.

Reply to
ABLE_1

harassments..................................... or worse????

Worse. A few years ago an incompetent jackass from the state licensing board got a few pals to file a false complaint against my website, claiming that I was providing services which require a license. I proved to the state investigator that the complaint was bogus -- motivated by personal animosity and totally without merit. He concurred and recommended the matter be dismissed. The state attorney agreed.

In your case it was probably an overzealous investigator. In mine it was a deliberate attempt by a dishonest competitor (who also sits on the board) to hurt my business. In both cases the state employees involved ought to be disciplined but don't hold your breath waiting for that.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Hi Robert,

These people must be bred somewhere off shore and sent here to muck up everyone's daily life. I feel sorry for those people that start to shake in their shoes when something like this happens. That kind of reaction must give these investigators a feeling of euphoria. I find it insulting and harassment.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Reply to
alarman

Sounds like a scam. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it, file it in the bottom drawer.

| >

| >> Here is a new twist on the Alarm Business challenges. | >>

| >> Yesterday I received a Certified Letter from another state that does not | >> even border my own. This letter states that: "The Department of Criminal | >> Justice has obtained information that you may be providing central | >> station monitoring services in state." | >>

| >> It goes on to say that: "Our records do not reflect your company being | >> licensed to do business in state. And then continues to explain | >> by quoting their Codes as to what the rules are. Along with a form for | >> me to sign and return that states I will not engage or solicit private | >> security services in state with out the proper licensing. | >> Basically pleading guilty to all charges. | >>

| >> My first thought is a this is a case of mistaken identity. But, no its | >> worse than that ................................. I called the person | >> that was named on the letter. To make the conversation short he said | >> that "his investigator" found my company name on the "internet" and | >> determined that I could "potentially" be providing services in his state | >> which prompted the letter. | >>

| >> I explained that the taxpayers in his state are paying for a lot of bogus | >> crap and he should have "his investigator" call me directly and explain | >> how he made the association. He said "his investigator" was on vacation. | >> I said "I'll wait." and hung up. | >>

| >> I seems to me that someone is trying to justify there paycheck at the | >> expense of the innocent. | >>

| >> So what's next??? Big brother peeking in my bathroom to make sure I am | >> using the right colored toilet paper??? | >>

| >> Anyone else getting this kind of | >> harassments..................................... or worse???? | >>

| >> Les | >>

| >>

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Psssst (whisper) Hey Les. Uh... What IS the right color?

Reply to
Jim

I've got him up on the cam, it appears he's using light blue with orange speckles....no...no those are stars.

No offense to him but I doubt thats big brother's right color

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Mr. BAss:

You Lie, You Lie, You Lie...... But then everybody knows that..... Prove your claims or control your keyboard. You've been told many, many times before...

1) I never filed a complaint about your company or you. 2) I'm not one of your competitors. 3) The investigator did not concur with your claims. 4) You did immediately stop your monitoring services/referrals. 5) The Florida Electrical Contractoirs Licensing Board does not have authority on unlicensed activities (for the thousand time) 6) Happy New Year even though it may be your last.

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Pssssst....Jim....Brown...dark brown!

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Don't be silly. A scam would infer that the state government is going to gain monetary funds in some way from me. This is not the case. It is pure stupidity on the part of a state government to start some legal paperwork to waste the taxpayers dollars.

Reply to
ABLE_1

Damned if I know. But I am sure what ever it is, I have the wrong one.

Reply to
ABLE_1

Well since your watching, then view this..................................................

Reply to
ABLE_1

Per ABLE_1:

I think it's SOP in Philadelphia.

I made the mistake of incorporating a one-man company while living not *in* but just near the city and they were on me within 3 months for sales tax evasion.

No "might" or "maybe".. they flat-out accused me.

Hadn't set foot inside the city during that time and never had any customers within the city.

I think it's just some sleazy operators working from lists.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

come on dus briver. when you gonna nail bAss for using old material? or are you too busy wiping the jiz off your screen from your bAss lovefest. talk about brokeback, geez. Ok I'll do it . get some new material bAsswipe those old lies are all used up by now.

snip tired old lies

Reply to
Don

Hi Pete,

I believe that these "officials" that do this kind of harassment know that if they try it on the big company they will be dealing with a law suit in a heart beat. But, when they accuse the little guy they can intimidate and harass with little or no repercussions. These people are sick and twisted to say the least.

So which county are you in, Montgomery or Delaware???

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

what's the challenge. the guy was mistaken. all you have to do is tell him so. end of story. find something real to worry about. or just sick them on bAss for a few kicks and giggles.

Reply to
Don

Per ABLE_1:

Chester

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

One state government worker from Florida's ECLB has displayed stupidity in its purest form. Why would you be surprised to find the same thing in other states?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.