A new newsgroup maybe?

It'd probably be a pain to setup. A better approach would be for someone to start a forum/portal requiring passwords and having moderators. That way you could keep the paulies out.

Not the same as usenet though.

I could set one up in about 10 minutes on Delphi.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Good point Bob :)

Reply to
James

What would that gain you? It's the pros who are fighting and calling each other names. Maybe you could get "Group Moderator" (Mike) to moderate it for you. Sorry, I don't mean to treat this lightly, it's just that as a DIY, I think the behavior of some of the pros is somewhat comical. I don't see the DIY people swearing and calling each other names so why exclude the polite people who aren't causing problems?

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

Groups in the alt. hierarchy are not moderated.

A web based forum would be easier to administer and there are several out there. I run one for fishing at

formatting link

formatting link
is one on cctv and I belive access control that always has some helpful information.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

could we do this?

Alt.Security.Alarms.pro

A new newsfroup in the alt family that only deal with pro of the trade..

A MODERATED group..

Anyone interested?

I for one would be VERY interested..

Reply to
petem

I don't think it'll "fly". If you read the FAQ on this group you'll find that its original purpose mirrors the intent you've expressed with this post. Unfortunately, an individual we both know has decided that (as this group is unmoderated), he can do anything he damn well pleases...

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

petem wrote:

I don't know if your know it or not but this has been tried at least twice by other individuals. And at one time it was proposed that this group be moderated. But, it got all bogged down with who was going to moderate and who wasn't, how long each person was going to moderate and anyway, since there was no way to quash Fat Ass when he wants to take a swipe at someone..... it would have been hardly worth the effort anyway. There's a momentem here in ASA, that goes back a lot of years. Switching to a new group, a new format, waiting for posts to be reviewed and posted for all to see, doesn't seem like anything that would work with the present bunch. In spite of all the garbage that results from Fat Ass Bass' attitude, there is somewhat of a camaraderie that exists. You agree with some people on some things and oppose them on others. And that's ok. It's just Bass'attitude of not following a social contract just to be contrary, that's the undermining of this Newsgroup. In a moderated group, it's up to the moderator to simply decide if a post is agitating or not. That keeps things strictly business and eliminates strong objections and snotty attitudes. Trying to find someone who will steadfastly filter all the posts that are made, day after day, would be difficult to say the least. It certainly isn't something that I'd like to be responsible for. And I'd guess that there aren't too many who'd WANT me to be responsible for. ):-> Each time a new group has been tried, I've posted a few times but no one ever seems to follow. A few others post and then it's all back in ASA again.

So who gets to decide what's proper and whats not? And who wants to do it every day 24/365 ANYWAY?. I just don't think it would attract everyone here, as has been the case in the past and I think that whoever set it up would soon tire trying to be Solomon. But, as I've said so many times before, I do think however, that a group effort to sanction Bass and his ego would do wonders for everyone. But if the people who've frequented this Newsgroup for years and years, knowing full well why there's constant chaos, still wont take the appropriate action to quell the source of the problem, then theres no reason to believe that they could/would agree to participate in a moderated group and leave this one. So ....... it is .... what it is ....and will remain that way until one of Fat Ass's hemmorhoids bursts and he bleeds to death.

Reply to
Jim

I dont have any problem with DIY..i do have problem with web store that use this place as a support group for there customer while all the real pro do the job and the bad apple is doing money and acting like a pig..

this man wich i know you already find out who,said that a monkey can do my job..

i will not accept this...

while doing a newsgroup for pro's we will be able to speak about real issues that we cant here, and we wont have the agraviating of some Bozo's( not you) trying to pull some money out of the info he managed to take from us...

by the way this newsgroup would still be here..i dont know who would still be reading it...but it would still be there..

"Robertm" a écrit dans le message de news: detoc7$64f4$ snipped-for-privacy@news3.infoave.net...

Reply to
petem

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Look like you placed the last sentence just on top it was supposed too....LOL

Brain..,Brain for sell..Hey Robert L Bass want some?

Ho I forgot...even if I would sell some to you..you wouldn't even be able to use it..

Now Bass..your back to the PLONK list....

Reply to
petem

This is an alt newsgroup. It's not really a "place" and you have no say over who posts what. If you want to start a monitored newsgroup, go right ahead. Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

Feel free to do everything in your power about it. :^)

Following are a few examples of the sort of "professional" material you've posted:

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh, no! Not THAT!!!

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.