Meridian Telnet->RS232 login problem

We have a TCP to serial converter used to login to a Meridian Switch at 9600 baud via a telnet session and are trying to send a file to login and get the response OVL428, note the echoed characters are also missing the odd character, however if we log in manually via the same telnet session all works OK. Is there some speed issue here, or does the Meridian have a limited RS232 input buffer size, and if so does it toggle its handshake lines? We are sending 13 characters for the login, wait for the response, then the password. Any thoughts?

Reply to
sjones
Loading thread data ...
13 characters, huh? What are those 13? You might reconfigure your process to send a return, then "LOGI", another carriage return and then wait for the response "PASS?". Finally send the appropriate password. If you're sending 13 characters all at one swell foop you're probably sending to many and the M-1 simply rejects whatever you send by claiming invalid login/password with its' OVL message.

Reply to
Al Gillis

I have two TTY ports connected to a serial (terminal) server, which several of us access over the LAN via Hyperterminal Private Edition (which allows mapping key macros). I have a function key configured to send LOGI"User Name""Password"ld 02 (for a total of 28 characters and four carriage returns) as one continuous string at 9600 baud, with no problems. It logs me right in and pulls up LD 2.

Reply to
Telephonist

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.