Forward Call Pilot Applcation

Hi,

I have created a Callpilot Application. The application is very simple. It Starts Plays and Announcement then Ends.

I Have created a Phantom TN for the Application DCFW to the Callpilot DN. And Created a Service Directory Number in callpilot for the Application.

I am able to call the Phantom DN and the Announcement plays.

I need to be able to forward phones to the Application and have the Announcement played. When I set a phone to be forwarded to the application the users voicemail greeting is played and not the announcement.. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Reply to
Cnewman
Loading thread data ...

How do you forward the phone? Do you have a CFW button on the phone, press it, followed by the Phantom DN, then press it again?

Reply to
Andrew Majosi

Yep correct, cfw button on the phone.. forward to the phantom DN. then press again.

Thanks

Andrew Majosi wrote:

Reply to
Cnewman

Is the number you are trying to forward on Key 0 of the phone? Do you immediately get to voice mail when calling the forwarded phone, or does it ring 4 times first?

Reply to
Andrew Majosi

Reply to
Cnewman

I think if it rings twice it is not following the forwarding. It should not ring and go immediately to CallPilot when forwarded. It is following the MARP set's FDN.

Reply to
Andrew Majosi

The Phantom needs to point to the SDN not the Vmail DN.

Andrew Majosi wrote:

Reply to
acewarlock

OK, I will set it to the SDN. Is the SDN being the DN of the appliaction I Created? Or another number within callpilot?

Thanks

acewarlock wrote:

Reply to
Cnewman

SDN of your Application.

Cnewman wrote:

Reply to
acewarlock

OK, But the callpilot Appliactions SDN is the same as the Phantom's DN. If I changed the SDN and forward phantom to the new DN how will the Call Server know its a callpilot appliaction?

acewarlock wrote:

Reply to
Cnewman

Cnewman, you stated earlier: "I am able to call the Phantom DN and the Announcement plays." If this is the case, your problem is with forwarding the phone, not the SDN or CallPilot. This is why I made my suggestion below. Check which phone (TN) has the to-be-forwarded DN as MARP on K0. Try forwarding the phone to another DN, and see if calling the phone will make the forward-to DN ring.

Reply to
Andrew Majosi

Call Pilot treats the call using the originally dialed DN. Sorry for my english

"Cnewman" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
QuickSilver

THanks for the info Andrew,

But I am not 100% clear on the test you want me to try. I will try and confim.

So on Phone "A" I foward it to phone "B" and then try and call phone "A" with phone "C" and see what DN is displayed on phone "B"?

Andrew Majosi wrote:

Reply to
Cnewman

Correct, but you should "see" if calling Phone "A" will result in Phone "B" ringing immediately. If yes, the forwarding part works. Then forward Phone"A" to the Phantom DN, and call Phone "A" with Phone "C" to "see" if you get to your Application.

Reply to
Andrew Majosi

OK, I just tried that and i still get the callpilot mailbox of user "A"

Andrew Majosi wrote:

Reply to
Cnewman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.