Problems transfering calls to Call Pilot skillsets from internal Nortel BCMs

I've read a bunch of posts now about the inability of the Nortel BCM system to transfer calls to skillsets once the call has reached an internal extension/set, but I just can't believe this is accurate.

Here is the scenario as it currently exists:

• Callers can call our main support line at DID 3525 and be placed in queue via Skillset 1. This works great.
  • Skillset 1 is accessed by assigning Line 266 to have a Received Number setting of 3525 (to check the DID) and then adding Skillset 1 to the configuration for Line 266 in CallPilot.
  • There is no actual phone connected or line assignment currently attached to DN 3525

Here is the problem:

• If a caller calls into the wrong line (say, they call their sales person by accident), the sales people try to transfer to DN 3525, which doesn't connect to the skillset.
  • DN 3525 actually just rings infinitely
  • DN 3525 ignores all settings for forwarding / forward when busy / forward no answer (at least as far as I can tell)

Where is this calling going? And more importantly, how can I enable the sales people to transfer a call into Skillset 1 directly (rather then have the customer hangup and call back)? I would settle for routing the caller back to our main auto-attendant but I can't seem to figure that out, either. It seems like once the caller is connected to an extension in our system, there's no way to "go back" to Call Pilot. Feature 70 (transfer) followed by the extension simply transfers the person straight into the destination's voicemail, so that's no good, either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
pyite
Loading thread data ...

Provided the call originates on a trunk, there should be no issues transferring to a CDN of a skillset. Check to make sure that the CDN of the skillset (3525) is a B1 DN on a "possible" station module (ex - if bus 4 is available, set Bus 4 to be a station module and pick an available B1 DN on that bus to be the Skillset's CDN). I've seen problems like this before if there isn't any though given to the CDN assignment - if a number is picked out of the air, it might work or there might be problems. Remember though that an internal caller can not call the skillset CDN, nor can you transfer an internal caller to the CDN - all calls to the skillset must originate on a trunk (sucks, doesn't it??)

Reply to
biv343

What you described is what I finally figured out today (too late of course but thanks so much anyway! heh)

A bit odd.

When you dial a skillset extension from an internal phone it rings forever.

But when you transfer a caller to a skillset extension, the moment you hangup (or hit Join) to complete the transfer, the caller goes into the skillset.

Is this by design? I guess it makes sense but I dont' see this mentioned anywhere in the manual, which is generally pretty thorough.

Reply to
pyite

This is by design. Who knows why Nortel does what they do, but I've had a handful of customers who wanted to use the ACD for an internal helpdesk application and were disappointed when I told them that it couldn't be done. There are tricks you can play with IP trunks "looped back" to the system to get internal calls into the queue, but IP trunks aren't cheap to buy. My feeling is that this is one way to get people who want that functionality to move to a PBX and Symposium or Symposium Express.

Reply to
biv343

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.