BCM Skillset Setup

Hi all,

We're trying to setup a simple skillset in our new BCM 200. We have successfully added the keycodes for our phones, the basic call center system and call center reporting. We have set up our phones and some hunt groups using the Java interface and all that works great. We're at the point now where we want to build a skillset, agents, etc...

Here's the process that we followed, which isn't quite working 100%

Using the Call Pilot web interface, we first built added some Agents to the system.

Secondly, we built a Skill Set using Call Pilot. We "randomly" picked a CDN value for this Skill Set, currently we have that value as 411. A number that seems to be within the BCM DN plan, but isn't defined anywhere currently. We added Agents to the Skill Set. We defined Day and Night "scripts" for the skill set. I followed the directions and initalized the VoiceMail box for this skill set for the first time.

At this point we can successfully log agents in and out of the Skill Set. When we check the "Agent List" within CallPilot it shows the agents correctly logged in or out of the Skill Set.

So at this point the Skill Sets seem correctly built and functioning. However, when we dial our Skill Set DN, 411, it simply rings infinitely. After hours of frustration, we figured it made sense that nothing happened, we didn't define the 411 DN within the BCM Java interface. Upon reading the documentation, it seemed to us that this DN, 411, would be an "Active Application DN" and in our reading of the documentation, CallPilot should have taken care of adding the Application DN, Application DN's aren't something that Administrators add themselves.

We also played around with the "Lines Administration", adding Line 411 as a "Call Center" answer mode, using Skillset Number 1 with 3 rings. With this active again, dialing 411 (from a phone not logged into) results in infinite ringing.

Our script by the way is pretty simple, so I don't think that's the problem. The Day script is:

1 Greeting 1, Normal, No Transfer View 2 Greeting 2, Forced, No Transfer View 3 Distribute For 00:30 View 4 Disconnect View

And the night script simply pushes the call to the voicemail box.

It seems to me the problem is the negotiation between the BCM and CallPilot. Somehow the BCM has to be made aware that calls to 411 need to be passed off to CallPilot, and then I imagine Call Pilot will handle the calls correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Two of us worked on this for a relatively unproductive 9 hours yesterday..

Thanks so much, Matt

Reply to
Matt Fuerst
Loading thread data ...

Couple things could be wrong here.

The CDN of the ACD queue needs to be an available B1 DN on a bus configured as a station module. Otherwise, strange things can happen.

You cannot call the CDN of a Skillset from an internal phone - all calls into the ACD queue need to originate on a trunk, whether a DID target line, analog trunk, VOIP trunk, etc.

Those lines/trunks need to be configured to be answered by the ACD queue under the Auto Attendant/Lines Administration field. You would set that line to be answered by Call Center, Skillset X.

Sounds like you have the skillsets/agents built correctly though.

Matt Fuerst wrote:

currently. We

infinitely.

reading the

Reply to
biv343

Hi biv343,

Thanks for the response. Sounds like the answer is as simple as we were calling the CDN internally. (Which we do on our Meridian. What happens when you are using a BCM and have a help desk internally? Apparently people inside your organization couldn't call the helpdesk skillset? I guess the answer to that is: "The BCM isn't meant for that purpose, it's meant for tiny installations.")

We're not actually using the BCM for a call center, we are developing some software on it, so we're scratching our heads on how to dummy up some calls into the SkillSets without having to pull a trunk into it.

Bouncing around ideas here we thought we might be able to pull a line from our Meridian (which is running our call center) and generate calls from the Meridian into the BCM, but that would require more hardware and the higher ups always frown on spending more money, especially when we're not actually using the BCM for a call center.

Maybe IP Trunk and some soft phones could generate some calls in for free, I guess we'll have to think it out.

Thanks again!

Matt

Reply to
Matt Fuerst

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.