Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Symantec 100 VPN/Firewall NAT?
Hi all, We have a Symantec 100 VPN/Firewall utilising NAT on our network. The problem we have is that NAT is stripping the internal network address completely out of the header of the packet, and our...

ISA 2004 with CIsco stuff
Getting ready to have a T1 installed. Our current 506e seems to be doing fine but is a PITA to get just right for locking VPN/Dial-In users to the local intranet so they can't access the Internet. The...

netscreen 5gt for 3 offices and vpns
Hi Spot of advice very much appreciated. I have to set up 3 offices all of which will have either ADSL or SDSL internet connections serving about 12 people spread across the locations. There will be...

SP2 firewall in xp pro
I am using SP2 in windowsxp pro with the firewall it a decent firewall?.or do i need a better one?..thanks

Web server behind Linksys WRT54G
I am trying to put a web server up behind a Linksys WRT54G without success. I have set port forwarding to send requests to port 80 to the IP of my web server machine. But no one outside my private net...

Help wanted with Zone Alarm Pro 3.0.081 - vsmon.exe taking 99% of cpu after 55 mins!!!??
Hello, I am running Windows XP/Intel Pentium 4/Norton AntiVirus 2002. I have Zone Alarm Pro 3.0.081. I noticed some months ago that vsmon.exe suddenly took 99% of the cpu, effectively locking up the...

Norton Personal Firewall
Hi there, I am new to the whole newsgroup thing, so please take that into consideration when you read this: I need a copy of Norton Antivirus and Norton Personal Firewall.........the registered type,...

Linksys RV016 router
Has anyone had experience with the Linksys RV016 router? We wish to use it in a traditional manner, a set of machines on a DMZ with Public IP addresses, and a set of machines on a private network that...

Cannot send mail using Yahoo using IE
Cannot send mail using Yahoo using IE I have the latest IE I do not know why this is happening. None of the tabs seems to work...like save draft, send, spell check in Yahoo mail using IE. I can...

connecting to WEBRAMP 700 via VPN from XP built in ipsec.
I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to setup the windows XP built in ipsec via . I've tried a few other 3rd party clients but non of them seem to have all the fields I need to get the vpn...

configurate sweex adsl modem/router
Who can help me by configurating my router. Wich ports should at least be opened I want to open te ports manualy, and all opened ports should have status 'stealth' .

Yahoo, MSN, AOL, etc Instant Messenger ports for firewall blocking
Hi all. Can anyone tell me the port numbers these apps use so that I can enter them into our hardware firewall to prevent users from using these tools? Thanks.

Redirect outside traffic on a specific internal address on pix506
I have a pix506, version 6.3(3) I have a /30 class for my public addresses. One ip is taken by the router and one by the firewall outside address. All inside clients connect to the internet via PAT on...

proxy server 2.0 on exchange 5.5 (irritating pop on box when browsing newsgroups)
Hi All, Really don't know how to title this mail but let me give it a shot! The scenario: Migrating a NT domain to win2000. 98% of all clients are humming nicely on win2000 presently. However, the...

Norton Internet Security 2004 Privacy gone mad
I have it set to alert me for private information being sent, included within which is my email address. Its worked fine, only arising a few times, over the last few months but now the stupid thing...