connecting to WEBRAMP 700 via VPN from XP built in ipsec.

I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to setup the windows XP built in ipsec via secpol.msc . I've tried a few other 3rd party clients but non of them seem to have all the fields I need to get the vpn connected. I recall in the old VPCOM software I needed to have everything perfectly matched in the fields of USERNAME,my local IP address (virtually), SERVIER ID, among other details.

I found a guide on this process using the sonicwall (similar to the webramp700s) but these instructions were based off a slightly newer firmware i believe. In any case, I can't seem to get it connected and would appreciate any insite on the procedure.

ftp.sonicwall.com/pub/info/vpn/WinXP_to_SNWL_VPN.pdf

Please reply by EMAIL if possible, i do not check this group often.

dtree.dtree AT gmail.com

thanks d

Reply to
d_tree
Loading thread data ...

Actually I think I just answered my own question. I've finally found the proper VPN client to atleast connect in admin mode to the public address and access the web interface remotely. I still haven't done it with XP but with this client i should be able to. I may have been hozed by the xp firewall also.

for future reference

formatting link
is a site with lots of VPN client downloads.

formatting link
is a site with the safenet vpn client 8.0 from s> I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to setup the windows XP

Reply to
dtree

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.