Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Linksys WRV54G
Tell me it aint so... it appears that a blank login and password is accepted from the internet for full administrator rights on the WRV54G. Is there any way to turn this off? Thanks

Problems with Common Client Update
I have been trying to update my Norton Personal Firewall, but I have been unsuccessful and getting the following warning: "Common Client Update The update was not completed. The update process was...

D-Link DFL700
Hi all, I have just had some D-Link DFL700 firewalls fitted to my ADSL lines and since then we have been unable to access the Windows Update site. The site starts to load ok and then I eventually get...

Checkpoint accept rip implied rule.
Hi, I have a question on FW1 implied rule "Accept RIP". I have FW1 NG FP3. In the global properties I check the "Accept RIP" option. When I look at the security rules on this rule I found out that the...

Norton v. Zonealarm
Hi I am a private use. I am look for the best software firewall for my desktop. I am not sure wich of them is the best firewall. Is there somebody that can help me? Best Regards Biks

Webpages automatically extracting default mail address
My Norton Internet Security 2004 'protect personal information' facility is alerting to me to certain websites trying to automatically retrieve and send back to the server my email address. A very...

Netgear DG824M Router/Firewall - How do I open a port for 2 users?
Two systems are connected wirelessly to a Netgear DG824M Router/Firewall/ADSL Modem. I'm trying to open ports for both systems to be able to use the P2P application, "eMule". The following rule works...

Trusted dynamic IP in McAfee Firewall use with VPN
Hi there, I would like to set up a VPN behind a McAfee Firewall +. The incoming conncetion is on a dynamic IP address so that I am unable to include that address to the trusted addresses. I am also...

Penetration Test
I am searching for what areas are tested for a regular penetration test done by a consultant. We are thinking about doing that by ourselves Info Security Team and would like to have a comprehensive...

(Q): Legion from Rhino9?
I'm a bit baffled and concerned about what may or may not be in or accessing my PC. When I hooked up through a DSL service, I took several measures to keep it safe: router, firewall, antivirus, &...

Network browsing takes ages when one computer is declared as Internet zone on a 4-computer network
I've a small network made of 3 computers plus an additional one, the guest, connected time to time (IP address 192.168.0.100). I configured ZA to consider this address as belonging to an Internet...

Conflict between Norton Antivirus and Sygate?
On my newly bought machine running Windows XP Professional, I just installed Sygate's Personal Firewall 5.5. I cannot update my Norton Antivirus with LiveUpdate. Nor can I register my (OEM) copy of...

Firewalling at the domain users level instead of network level
Hi all. I'm implementing a "Windows clients, Linux servers" kind of network. Some users may login at different machines, therefore, ip level is not enough. I wonder if it's possible to control the...

Setting up logging on my Linksys WRT54G
I can't figure out where I need to put the info for the computer I want to log in my router's set up window. When I go into the "Administration" tab, it has a tab to "enable" logging and after I check...

Most recent free ZoneAlarm running in Win95.
Hi! Does anyone know about the most recent free ZoneAlarm version still running in Windows 95? Thank you for your kind response.