proxy server 2.0 on exchange 5.5 (irritating pop on box when browsing newsgroups)

Hi All,

Really don't know how to title this mail but let me give it a shot!

The scenario:

Migrating a NT domain to win2000. 98% of all clients are humming nicely on win2000 presently. However, the exchange server is still 5.5 ( migration to 2000 to come later). Proxy server 2.0 used for internet access.

The problem now is this: most of the users have no ointernet access, when however they read the newsgroups, they continually need to click cancel on the firewall window that pops up ( the dialog box asks for their username and passwords)

If any user now enters his user name and password, his account is locked out ( if he enters it for about 3 times)

There's a common group of users that have internet access.

Just wanted tips on how this can be resolved short of granting all users soem form of internet access. my guess is it has to do with the proxy server....i guess.....

the info is quite scanty, i guess....but, sorry, that's all i can come up with now.

thanks for your suggestions.

Reply to
ebony_jack
Loading thread data ...

I don't think Exchange has much to do with this. Tried this?

formatting link

Reply to
Mike

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.