wireless access point question

I currently have a router (2Wire Home PNA) that is connected to 3 computers in my home, one of which is a laptop.

I wanted to try wireless so I bought a Wireless access point to connect to my router (DLink AirPlus Extreme G - model G700AP). I also bought a Cardbus Adapter (DLink model G630Z). I connected the wireless access point to my router and was able to use the wireless connection to access the internet without a problem.

However, I also use this laptop for work, and in order to connect to the servers at the corporate office, I use a VPN dialer to make the connection. I found that I am unable to use the VPN connection through the wireless connection, thus defeating the purpose of the wireless connection. I had hoped that I would be able to connect to the vpn wirelessly so that I could take my laptop anywhere in the house.

Whenever I try to dial in, the VPN dialer just says "Initializing the connection.. Initiating TCP to ##.##.##, port 58442." However, it never connects.

I'm not very well informed about networks and VPN, so if anyone can provide a simple answer and a solution I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks!

Reply to
sylvie
Loading thread data ...

Thanks for your help.

My problem is that I don't have the information to set up a connection sequence. I only have 1 way to connect. Whenever I use the wireless, the thing won't connect so I'm trying to figure out why it is different to use the wireless versus the hardwired connection.

Reply to
sylvie

I have 3 different connection sequence, 1 hard wired, 1 wireless, 1 cell phone. I just select the correct connection sequence form the connection menu and connect.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.