What security suite is good with Firefox?

Hello, I am a newbie here. Can anyone assist or tell me where I can find a general internet security newsgroup or source of information?

I was just about to replace Norton with PC-cillin when I found out it is apparently not Firefox compatible.

Any ideas on other security suites that work well with Firefox - or not?

Zone Alarm seems to get a good press except for wireless.

I am a home user with: a broadband connection XP with SP2 Microsoft (ex Giant) AntiSpyware, Ad Aware & Spybot

I use Firefox except for pages that won't work with it I use Outlook Express because it can automatically fetch my Hotmail mail. I have a Belkin F5D7630 ADSL modem/wireless router wired to my desktop and wireless to a laptop that has an old Belkin card that only supports WEP. Don't chat, use messaging or play games. Occasionally do a bit of file sharing. Not worried about parental controls.

I don't really want to mess about with components from different companies if possible Automatic updates or reminders would be good Don't mind paying a bit but would rather not have to pay for separate licences for the desktop and laptop.

Any ideas gratefully received Please reply to group. Many thanks Hugh

Reply to
The invisible man
Loading thread data ...

comp.security.misc

What exactly are you searching for?

The Windows-Firewall is a good idea. Additionally, you can use a Virus Scanner. Both should be no problem with Firefox at all.

Hm... this is fishy. Microsoft seem not to be clear, what they're thinking; this one is better:

formatting link

Are you using the NAT and the filtering functionality? Would be a good idea.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.