This has me totally perplexed. I have a small home network with a central Belkin wireless ADSL router, and 2 computers connecting via Belkin USB wireless network adapters. Everything works fine except that on one computer Internet Explorer doesn't work over the wireless network. I use Firefox so this isn't really a problem, but on occasion I have to use IE for websites not Firefox friendly so am keen to try and sort this out. Everything else works, the computer with the problem connects to the network, email, Firefox, MSN all work, it's just IE that is the problem. If I connect a modem to the computer or use a network cable then IE works fine so it's definitely wireless related.
The computer with the problem is a quite old Pentium 3 running WinXP Home. So far I have tried the following:
- Different wireless network adapters
- Disabled and reset Windows firewall
- Updated IE6 to IE7
- Numerous attempts at trying/changing network settings on both the computer and router
- Tried both the Windows zero config and Belkin utilities
- Run IEFix from formatting linkI can get IE to look at local files on the computer, i.e. c:\, but nothing else works, if I try to load a webpage it just sits doing nothing, not even an error message. Any ideas? Thanks if anyone can help David