Hope somebody can help me here. Seems to be a proxy/firewall/dns problem, or could be something else.
I set up a new wireless network today, with a Safecom SWAMR-54108 ADSL Modem and Router.
Everything seems to work fine, and my Desktop PC and Laptop can both access the internet through this connection, and share files etc.
However, some applications do not access the internet from the Desktop Machine - specifically Internet Explorer 6 SP2, Mozilla Firefox 1.04, Windows Messenger 5.1.
These applications all get through the gateway correctly on the laptop, and other software works on the desktop machine (Outlook Express, Opera 7 and various other stuff).
I've tried disabling Windows firewall and zonealarm, and it makes no difference.
When I try to go to a website in IE, it looks for an IP address of 188.8.131.52 which is a bit stupid. I've tinkered with the connection settings to make them the same as on the laptop (where IE auto detects the correct proxy settings with no problem) but that didn't work.
Really hope someone has a solution. TIA.