Firefox DNS problem with D-link G624T

Hi!

I have again a problem with D-Link G624T modem.

I have a dual-boot laptop (XP+Debian). Windows works fine, Linux not. Modem has NAT and DHCP server enabled. I'm not going to disable NAT or DHCP in modem. I need these.

In Linux ping, traceroute and dig can resolve IP addresses fine, but Firefox can't at all. Apt can't resolve IP address until I ping the repository, then it founds the IP address.

Firefox

formatting link
doesn't work, but Firefox 209.85.129.99 (=www.google.com) works.

In G624T modem settings:

DNS Configuration, DNS relay selection: 'Use auto discovered DNS server only'

Any ideas to fix the problem.

Antti

Reply to
antti.tyrvainen
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@luukku.com hath wroth:

No. You have a problem with your Firefox configuration.

Isn't that an obvious clue. If literally everything works under Linux except Firefox, wouldn't it seem obvious that Firefox might be misconfigured?

Yep. Everything except DNS works in Firefox. So, what controls DNS in Firefox? Incidentally, this would be a good time to disclose what version of Firefox and which Linux mutation you're using. Anyway, look under proxy servers in the Firefox config. I don't have a Linux version running but I think it's under tools somewhere.

Dig around in Firefox connection setup for proxy server, static DNS servers, or whatever is broken.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann kirjoitti:

This modem is a pain.

Proxy is disabled in Firefox. I don't believe proxy has nothing to do with DNS problem.

Antti

Reply to
antti.tyrvainen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.