Virus Scanners

I was just wondering if anyone uses AntiVir. I was using Avast, but it seemed to use a lot of CPU. I was going to try AVG, but that one (the free version) doesn't scan anything but Outlook.

Anyway, I was wondering, how does one tell that AntiVir is working? The icon doesn't change or anything. Plus, when I did the update, there was only a popup saying it was downloaded, but nothing saying the program had been updated.

And finally (and the reason I didn't post this on their support forum), I was wondering what people thought of AntiVir

Thanks!

Reply to
cynon83
Loading thread data ...

Wrong! Works perfect with Pegasus Mail.

Bye Maurice

Reply to
Maurice ON4BAM

I use Antivir at home and it works like a charm. No virus/worms since I have this and Sygate Personal Firewall. The updates are a little slow, but they work well. As you've said it doesn't say anything, just reboots the Antivir. And it's very well integrated with XP security.

I use it both in Windows XP and Linux and I like it very much. Maybe it's not the best, I don't know, but it works ok for me.

Regards.

Reply to
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez

Sorry. I should have been more precise. I was told that the free version only works with Outlook. Also, have heard a number of unpleasent stories about this latest version of AVG.

Reply to
CMaC

Like..???

Bye Maurice

Reply to
Maurice ON4BAM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.