I enabled security here at home this past week (WEP) and with AVG from Grisoft the email is blocked. I followed the advice on the AVG web site but still no luck. It is strange in that I have no problem at my office with the same setups (Linksys Wireless G)
What makes you think this is AVG doing it? I have no problems with a similar setup. Do some tests: disable / uninstall / reinstall AVG, test at each stage, see if that fixes it. ditto WEP. In fact, do WEP first.
- What MUA (mail user agent) are you using? IE6? Thunderbird? Outlook? Have you tried more than one?
- What do you mean by blocked? Incoming? Outgoing? Both? Error messages?
- What do you mean that you "enabled security"? Does that mean that you were running without a virus scanner for an extended period? Did you get a virus which inspired this exercise? If so, have your totally and completely removed the virus?
- Have you checked for spyware? If not, I suggest Microsoft Anti-Spyware. It probably has no effect on the email problem, but should be done anyway.
- Were you recently running a different Anti-Virus program? These run servers on the same ports as AVG. If they were not completely removed and their servers were still running, you will have a problem. Start with:
it and see whether there's anything running left over from your previous anti-virus scanner. Then, go to the vendors web pile and download the removal tools. With Norton, be sure to also remove LiveReg and Live Update (except if you have other Symantec products installed).
Please note that this has very little to do with wireless internet.