Truevector Service

General question since I can't post the error here because Truevector botched up the network connection on the computer erroring.

How does the Truevector service get installed when Zonealarm has never been installed on the computer? My Media Center 2005 computer is getting Truevector service errors in the application event log and Zonealarm has never been installed.

This same thing happened on another one of my computers about 6 months ago. I had just reloaded the computer from scratch and shortly after the errors start showing up. When they start, the network connection is severed. Your unable to use the internet or see anything on the local LAN. However, the computer is able to obtain an IP address from my router. The erroring computer can be pinged from another computer but that is all. All other connections are being blocked.

The only way I have been able to fix it is to go through the manual removal instructions for Zonealarm. Where you boot up to safe mode and delete some of the files. The erroring computer usually only has a couple of the files listed on the manual removal, but once I do that it's all good from there on out it seems.

I know I can't be the only one with this issue. What is causing this? A virus infection? It's running NIS 2005 and is up to date. This is crazy that it happened on two of my computers that have never had Zonealarm installed on them. Any ideas?

Travis

Reply to
permster
Loading thread data ...

I found this : X Zone Alarm vsmon.exe Added by the RBOT.BO WORM! If this was the ZoneAlarm firewall the name column would be TrueVector at:

formatting link
Also check the bottom post at the following URL, esp if you have Cisco VPN client installed.
formatting link
Buffalo

Reply to
Buffalo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.